Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Beans

• 22-05-2014 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend somewhere that sells Coffee Beans in Limerick??

Recommendations on particular beans also welcome!

Thanks!
    Keith.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

You can get coffee beans in the wild onion Bakeshop across the road from the strand hotel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

There is a woman down the market on a Saturday morning that does all different teas and coffees. She'll grind them down for you also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Try http://www.ponaire.ie/

They are based in the Annacotty Industrial estate (the old Ferenka factory). They have a stand in the market on Saturdays - could be who Jofspring was referring to in the previous reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Ponaire gone from the market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Not being smart here but every supermarket sells a selection of whole coffee beans, most centra's or Spars will have the Lavazza whole beans which are fairly decent. Bobby Byrne's shop sells beans from an Irish company (Galway I think) called Red Rooster which is very nice. Gloria Jeans sells a selection of beans which will cater to any taste. If you are looking for something that won't break the bank then Tesco, Dunnes etc sell Robert Roberts whole beans which are surprisingly good. Illy is still my favourite coffee but I haven't seen the beans on sale in Limerick for a while and they are very expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Not being smart here but every supermarket sells a selection of whole coffee beans, most centra's or Spars will have the Lavazza whole beans which are fairly decent. Bobby Byrne's shop sells beans from an Irish company (Galway I think) called Red Rooster which is very nice. Gloria Jeans sells a selection of beans which will cater to any taste. If you are looking for something that won't break the bank then Tesco, Dunnes etc sell Robert Roberts whole beans which are surprisingly good. Illy is still my favourite coffee but I haven't seen the beans on sale in Limerick for a while and they are very expensive.

Great info Swiper - thanks for that!
    I guess I was looking for somewhere that could advise or sell a variety of samples.
    Plenty of Irish websites that sell 4kg bags - but would prefer buy local from somebody who knows their coffee.
    Macs for instance on the Ennis road - do lovely coffee. I guess that they may also sell beans? Don't like coffee from the chains (Costa, Starbucks although McDs isn't bad).

Gloria Jeans sounds good - although according to their website, they are no longer in Limerick?
    Will try and track down some Lavazza in the supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nicolaed1

Lavazza Qualita Rossa 1 kg beans, Lavazza Espresso 250 gr beans-Tesco

see website for price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The lady I was talking about has a stall called The Tea Lady if I remember right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Gloria Jeans is on Thomas Street across from the side entrance to Brown Thomas.

sioda wrote: »
    Ponaire gone from the market

Shows you how long it has been since I was in the market :)

• Advertisement

nicolaed1 wrote: »
    Lavazza Qualita Rossa 1 kg beans, Lavazza Espresso 250 gr beans-Tesco

see website for price

Harvey Normans sell 1KG bags of Lavazza beans every now and again - last time I bought them they were something like €13:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

tico1300 wrote: »
    You can get coffee beans in the wild onion Bakeshop across the road from the strand hotel

I get mine there. Lovely coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Pick up some beans from Ponaire out in Annacotty - very nice indeed! They also gave a complimentary cup of coffee

Wasn't too impressed by the Lavazza beans.

Will also be visiting the Wild Onion bakeshop!

Advertisement