Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insurance issue

Options
  • 22-05-2014 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

my other half was insured with a company i wont name and missed a payment last week due to her being in hospital and i rang and informed them i would send a postal order the end of the week with the payment as i had no access to funds until then and they said no problem.
    they then canceled the policy and after ringing them trying get it reinstated they are saying i need pay off the policy and then set up a brand new one.any one have any help on what i can do?the policy was for a different car as in the space of the week in it the car was changed due to engine trouble
    hope i can get some advice if in wrong section i am sorry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

What does the terms and conditions on her policy document say about missed payments? She is bound by the contract that she signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 timtim1988

i tried finding that out off them but they told me get on to the broker and so far ive heard nothing back off them after emailing and phoning.hopefully they get back to me soon as the car is needed once she is out and ive no bother paying as ive told the company but they wont do nothing right now for me until the broker answers which is a joke.imagine trying to pay something you owe and being told no not now

Advertisement