Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option to streaam free uk tv to tv

• 22-05-2014 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

I have a garden room at the end of the garden, the room has wifi.

I did not want to ruin the look of the exterior by sticking a satellite dish on in it.

I had this hope of using it as my World Cup den, I have saorview in the rioom however I would like to be able to get BBC / ITV on the tv. The tv is not a smart tv.

We have ipads, android phones, apple tv 3rd gen,

What would be the best solution to get BBC/ ITV onto the tv via the internet?

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

pauld wrote: »
    I have a garden room at the end of the garden, the room has wifi.

I did not want to ruin the look of the exterior by sticking a satellite dish on in it.

I had this hope of using it as my World Cup den, I have saorview in the rioom however I would like to be able to get BBC / ITV on the tv. The tv is not a smart tv.

We have ipads, android phones, apple tv 3rd gen,

What would be the best solution to get BBC/ ITV onto the tv via the internet?

thanks

I'm not up to scratch on the specifics of it but I noticed google Chromecast is available in argos at €40 ( I stand to be corrected) but from what I know you should be able to use that to stream FilmOn apps from your android/tablet straight to your TV. FilmOn is an app that streams free to air television channels. hope this helps! :)

(if one of your devices has HDMI output, you can skip the chromecast dongle and just hook the device straight to the TV for the same effect)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

elfy thanks for that. I have a an apple approved connector for the tv, when I connected the ipad and selected the filmon app, only the sound appeared on the tv ( played stored moveis in ipda no problem). it seems that filmon has the same restriction as sky go.

Wodnering if there is a similar lock down on the andriod version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

pauld wrote: »
    elfy thanks for that. I have a an apple approved connector for the tv, when I connected the ipad and selected the filmon app, only the sound appeared on the tv ( played stored moveis in ipda no problem). it seems that filmon has the same restriction as sky go.

Wodnering if there is a similar lock down on the andriod version.

Not too sure, let me know how you get on though, been looking for a similar situation for one of my TV's.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There is no discussing circumventing geoblocking. The only legal ways you can get UK TV via the internet in the Republic of Ireland is via Sky Go (Channel 4 only) or UPC Horizon App or similar provided by your cable company.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement