Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Gaming ***No Spoilers***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

tony1980 wrote: »
    Started back into a bit of Sunset Overdrive last night myself, that game is some craic!
    Me too, I started back over the weekend. It's really great fun.

I had played a small part of it when it was released but I quickly moved on to other games without finishing it.

I was just looking through my backlog of games and spotted it and said what the hell, I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Started back into a bit of Sunset Overdrive last night myself, that game is some craic!
    Me too, I started back over the weekend. It's really great fun.

I had played a small part of it when it was released but I quickly moved on to other games without finishing it.

I was just looking through my backlog of games and spotted it and said what the hell, I'll give it a go.

once you have the full moveset unlocked - (The last one is the air dash) the game really comes into its own, There are a few surprises down the line, cant wait to see what ye think of em when ye find them.

make sure to do all the side missions - one of them in particular is brilliant.
    definitley in my top 3 of xbox one games so far.

Give me a shout some night if ye want to try a bit of Chaos Squad - you'll probably want to wait until your weapons are powerful enough before jumping into that though as it all carries over from single player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Started back playing destiny last night starting from fresh again haven't played it since about 4 or 5 weeks since launch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

once you have the full moveset unlocked - (The last one is the air dash) the game really comes into its own, There are a few surprises down the line, cant wait to see what ye think of em when ye find them.

make sure to do all the side missions - one of them in particular is brilliant.
    definitley in my top 3 of xbox one games so far.

Give me a shout some night if ye want to try a bit of Chaos Squad - you'll probably want to wait until your weapons are powerful enough before jumping into that though as it all carries over from single player.

Im going to only play this game until I complete, I keep getting sidetracked with other games. I unlocked the air dash last night, makes a massive difference to the movement and fluidity of the game!
    I would love to try chaos mode some night this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Finished playing the Rally Expansion for Forza Horizon and it was well worth the money I spent on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Im going to only play this game until I complete, I keep getting sidetracked with other games. I unlocked the air dash last night, makes a massive difference to the movement and fluidity of the game!
    I would love to try chaos mode some night this week.

cool, also - the female voice actor is a lot better than the male one - you can change at any time if you fancy checking it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

My character is already an almost naked female character :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

One of my favourite game trailers of all time and the reason I bought the 360 in the first place. Remastered:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I never liked the orginal trailer,I mean surely Marcus is dead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Anyone played the free Games with Gold game, How to Survive yet? Played it last night for a bit but dunno what to make of it. Might be better played online with a group though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Colemania wrote: »
    Anyone played the free Games with Gold game, How to Survive yet? Played it last night for a bit but dunno what to make of it. Might be better played online with a group though

Its more fun with a buddy or two, but when swinging your stick/machete make sure your buddy isn't within reach or you'll hit and injure him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Fun little game I enjoyed on PC coming to XB1 August 26th:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Fun little game I enjoyed on PC coming to XB1 August 26th:

Delighted always wanted to play that game :D

I'm looking forward to playing Episode 4 of Tales from the Borderlands later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Went out and bought sunset today. Not normally my cup of tea but the reviews seem really positive so i shall give it a shot.

Any try How To Survive on GwG?

Enjoyable enough but pretty tough on ironman setting , I had a good laugh a mission you had to find a mad old lady's cat. You find it
    but the zombies have been at it
    so you
    stuff it with feathers
    to get a battery off her :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Currently playing Dragon Age Inquisition. Not really liking it so far, first area and I'm tired of the little side quests. They seem meaningless but I don't want to not do them in case I miss something important.

Can anyone tell me if they are necessary? If I skip them will I miss some enjoyable scenes? Or are they mainly to grind levels?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

rizzla wrote: »
    Currently playing Dragon Age Inquisition. Not really liking it so far, first area and I'm tired of the little side quests. They seem meaningless but I don't want to not do them in case I miss something important.

Can anyone tell me if they are necessary? If I skip them will I miss some enjoyable scenes? Or are they mainly to grind levels?

I'm playing it too, I presume you're still in the hinterlands? I've moved on from there now after doing pretty much everything I could before I advanced the story. As far as I can see everything outside of the main story quests are all pretty meaningless and don't add much. I've stopped even trying to do the join the dot things any more. Even the companion quests seem to be reduced to crappy fetch quests.

It's a shame as I thought previous DA games did a pretty good job of making the side quests seem worthwhile, companion quests in particular. Think I'll just be playing through the story missions and moving on to something else asap.

I just started to play Thief. I have to learn to become a more patient player so I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I just started to play Thief. I have to learn to become a more patient player so I do.
    Patience not just to be stealthy, but to deal with some of the gameplay elements, too. I'm playing it at the moment and I find it really annoying opening windows and passing through tight places in world. Having to hold down the button and then hammer on it for 5 seconds is not fun.

• Advertisement

Having to hold down the button and then hammer on it for 5 seconds is not fun.

Ah yes, hold down X then tap X X X X X to open window or move beam.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Ah yes, hold down X then tap X X X X X to open window or move beam.

Yeah, I always found that irritating, I know that it's only purpose is to "conceal" a loading screen, but anything that takes away from the fun of playing a game should be caught during development and dropped. I'd prefer a screen that said "loading" for ten seconds, to be honest. Totally bizarre.

Playing how to survive at the minute and they have one of the best ideas I've seen for transitions / loading screens. A multiple choice quiz!!! You get 15xp for a correct answer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I haven't seen that, I've only played about 20m ins of it tho. Good idea :)

Playing how to survive at the minute and they have one of the best ideas I've seen for transitions / loading screens. A multiple choice quiz!!! You get 15xp for a correct answer :pac:

:eek: How many questions do they ask per quiz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Thinking of selling my Elite 360 as it hasn't been used in a long long time.

I can't remember though how the installed games work though, when I wipe my profile from the console are the games still playable by whoever I might sell it to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

maximoose wrote: »

I can't remember though how the installed games work though, when I wipe my profile from the console are the games still playable by whoever I might sell it to?

I deleted my profile off my 360 and some of the games were still playable. You'll have to delete your profile and check every game one by one to see if they work with no profile signed in

I think the ones that were actually bought on that console will still work for the new owner but if they were bought on an older console an re downloaded they will only work on your profile. Could be wrong tho

Cheers, I'll give that a go over the weekend and see what works!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

maximoose wrote: »

Fastest method is to re-format your hard drive.
    That will wipe all your games off the hard drive.

You'll find the instructions to reformat the hard drive here.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/storage

• Advertisement

My question was coming from the other angle though, if I leave the games installed on the HD (and if they are playable) it'd be worth more!

Advertisement