Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Gaming ***No Spoilers***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Dead Island is being released as a "Definitive Collection" on XB1 & PS4. Reported price is $40, out May 31st.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Dead Island is being released as a "Definitive Collection" on XB1 & PS4. Reported price is $40, out May 31st.

Cancelled Dead Island 2 so they put this out instead? What ever about the 1st games flawed greatness, Riptide was an abomination with all of the same problems only worse .... a lot worse. I remember playing it in co-op and getting stuck in the environment so many times or one shot killed by knife throwing zombies with dead eye aim :D

Folks should just get Dying Light instead ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

so, what's The Division like?

CatInABox wrote:
    so, what's The Division like?

Wasn't going to get it after playing the beta but got caught up in the hype. Really enjoying it so far, much improved over the beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I wasn't expecting much myself, it's still early days but about 10 hours in and I am really enjoying it and I haven't even touched the Dark Zone yet!

Not my cup of tea but here yas go:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

hmm, not for me either I think. The announcer doesn't even sound interested in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I bought the division off the back of the hype to be honest. The ads were all over the tv so I said why not.

I've literally only started it. Only into the story now.

Im not a fan of levelling up in Campaigns, but I have to say, I can see myself spending a lot of time in this game.

Looks great while playing. Cut scenes are no great shapes (I'm only saying this because I was palying COD:AW the other day to pass time. Holy ****3 them cutscenes doe!)

It's like a cross between Destiny and Watchdogs to me.

edit - Littlewoods sent me a €20 off voucher on 50 quid purchase so got it for about €40.

Lmao this has to be better than Pneuma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not many details out yet, but there's an open world snowboarding game called Infinite Air coming out later this year, from the makers of The Golf Club
    infiniteair3.9610.jpg

Infinite Air doesn't automatically propel you down the mountain like some arcadey snow-sports games. Instead, the game focuses on an overall physics model for player movement in the board's edges, carving, and pulling off tricks. How you compress your weight, torque your trunk for spin, move through the air, and grab are all part of the game's movement system, whether you're doing a trick or not. Thus, HB Studios is striving for consistency throughout the game no matter what you're doing. "Unlike a lot of previous games that rely on tricks and are sort of combo driven," says Peter Garcin, executive producer, "this game is not combo driven at all. It is physics driven, and so it's about manipulating your body in space to perform the tricks.

Would prefer a more arcadey game (I'd kill for an Amped 4), but I'm interested in this

• Advertisement

Is "Gone home" a horror game?

Sorry, don't want to google in case of spoiers but want to know if it's a horror game because I'm not a fan of that genre :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Nope, no horror, no jump scares, no monsters, play away :)

"This weekend race in Trackmania Turbo during our Open Beta on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!

This Open Beta will start Friday March 18th at 2PM CET and will last until Monday 21st at 2PM CET. It will feature several tracks of the campaign, the online racing mode, and the Trackbuilder!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    "This weekend race in Trackmania Turbo during our Open Beta on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!

Interesting I was in the closed beta and didn't get any email about the open beta

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Interesting I was in the closed beta and didn't get any email about the open beta

The inconsiderate pricks!

MiskyBoyy wrote:

Thankfully I've got you

Alan Wake, Castlevania: SOTN & PAC-MAN are now available on Xbox One Backward Compatibility.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote:

Did you get onto them and complain about me not getting the email :<
    as i got it off them today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Did I miss something with this game? Hold down accelerator trigger, move left thumb stick left and right occasionally?

What a load of rubbish.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dark Souls is now backwards compatible, not noticed it in my list before today anyway.

Mickeroo wrote:
    Dark Souls is now backwards compatible, not noticed it in my list before today anyway.

You also get it free if you pre-order Dark Souls 3 :)

Mickeroo wrote: »

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is another:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/712670248609120256

I'd actually like Dante's Inferno to be BC I'd like to play that again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I'd love Spec Ops to turn up on the list. And Mass Effect 3-that multiplayer. Although i have my suspicions that ME2 & 3 will be free with ME4.

Had a quick look at Dark Souls last night, I was near the start of NG++ I think, so didn't have access to fast travel, but in a quick run through some of the areas it's got massive frame rate issues. It always had but now it's got them in places it never did or if it did are worse.

Had a quick look at Dark Souls last night, I was near the start of NG++ I think, so didn't have access to fast travel, but in a quick run through some of the areas it's got massive frame rate issues. It always had but now it's got them in places it never did or if it did are worse.

did you give any run into blighttown?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Tekken Tag, sweet! €5 on the marketplace. Bought and downloaded.

did you give any run into blighttown?

Didn't seem any worse to be honest more or less the same as on 360, I went in through Valley of the Drakes for handiness sake so didn't see what the platforms in the depths were like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Anyone here played Elite Dangerous? I seen it in the spring sale and was intrigued. Although at first glance it seems to be more of a PC setup kind of game tbh.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone here played Elite Dangerous? I seen it in the spring sale and was intrigued. Although at first glance it seems to be more of a PC setup kind of game tbh.

I played it a lot on launch, haven't been back to it in a while. It was very addictive at first and it's a really great sim. Ultimately though there isn't really a whole lot to do in it apart from grind credits to buy a better ship. It's more Euro Truck Simulator in space than Star Wars. Gorgeous looking game though., I spent a lot of my time just flying around taking screenshots.

I have a Doom Beta code if anyone wants it, first to reply here gets it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Borderlands is there on the games with gold in case anyone hasnt spotted it. I only seen it last night.

Mickeroo wrote:
    I have a Doom Beta code if anyone wants it, first to reply here gets it.

It's the same code as the last time we got sent one. Just saying in case you redeemed it last time.

It's the same code as the last time we got sent one. Just saying in case you redeemed it last time.

For the Alpha? I did play the Alpha alright so maybe it won't work? It was shite anyway :D

Mickeroo wrote: »
    For the Alpha? I did play the Alpha alright so maybe it won't work? It was shite anyway :D

Yeah, I get an error code when I try to redeem the code sent out today. It also says this in the email: "If you have redeemed an Alpha code, you already have access and no additional action is necessary." so I think it's the same code being sent again.

Yeah, it was pretty bad alright :pac:

Yeah, I get an error code when I try to redeem the code sent out today. It also says this in the email: "If you have redeemed an Alpha code, you already have access and no additional action is necessary." so I think it's the same code being sent again.

Yeah, it was pretty bad alright :pac:

What about the codes in the wolfenstein new order box ? Don't think I ever used mine nor have I heard of them being included in this :confused:

What about the codes in the wolfenstein new order box ? Don't think I ever used mine nor have I heard of them being included in this

I can't remember exactly but didn't you have to use the code in the box on their site and they'd then send you an alpha code when it was live? That's how I got mine I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I have a Doom beta key too if anyone wants it, don't even remember signing up for it

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if "The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth" is on xbox one, I saw "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth" and I didn't know if they were the same game but rebirth had more or if Rebirth is the first game and afterbirth is the sequel etc etc

Rorok wrote: »
    Does anyone know if "The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth" is on xbox one, I saw "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth" and I didn't know if they were the same game but rebirth had more or if Rebirth is the first game and afterbirth is the sequel etc etc
    Rebirth is the console remake of the original Binding of Isaac. Afterbirth is an expansion for Rebirth. It's expected this month.

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/707025267848404992

Rebirth is the console remake of the original Binding of Isaac. Afterbirth is an expansion for Rebirth. It's expected this month.

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/707025267848404992

So they aren't separate games (just want to make sure)

Rorok wrote: »
    So they aren't separate games (just want to make sure)
    Afterbirth is DLC for Rebirth, so not separate. I've not seen it reported as a standalone release (Steam version isn't standalone either), so you'll need Rebirth to play Afterbirth.

Dirt rally is out now. And it. Is. Epic. A true return to the roots of the series. The handling is spot on and it's leaning heavily on the simulation side of things. Forza horizon 2 it ain't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Dirt rally is out now. And it. Is. Epic. A true return to the roots of the series. The handling is spot on and it's leaning heavily on the simulation side of things. Forza horizon 2 it ain't.

Argos are selling it for XBox One & PS4 at €56.99 Legend Edition for anyone interested.Much cheaper than most other gaming store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

I haven't played my Xbox in years. Any game recommendations? Not fussy

Omega28 wrote:

Quantum Break?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,067 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Omega28 wrote: »

Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag. Brilliant game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Omega28 wrote: »

360 or One?

Advertisement