Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Gaming ***No Spoilers***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dor83 wrote:
    Just got a code for the Mirrors Edge Beta and it includes a 2nd code so if anyone wants it let me know.

I wouldn't mind trying it out :)

Never mind just got my own email lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Good news everybody!!

I have an extra code for the Mirrors Edge Closed Beta, who would like it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Misky, you should have a friend code too, it's just below the instructions to redeem the code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Good news everybody!!

I have an extra code for the Mirrors Edge Closed Beta, who would like it?

Me please!

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Me please!

Sold to the 55th Mogwai!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Sold to the 55th Mogwai!!

Lol. Thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Did you get an email with the code, I applied ages ago but not sure if I did it properly. If anyone else has a spare can I have it and if I get a code ill give it to someone here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Wouldnt mind a code if theres one available :) Thanks

• Advertisement

Rorok wrote: »
    Did you get an email with the code, I applied ages ago but not sure if I did it properly. If anyone else has a spare can I have it and if I get a code ill give it to someone here

Yeah I got an email with a code and there was a little column on the right side that gave an extra code to give to a friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Sent you one there, GBX is next in the que so if you get an email please give him/her one of the codes.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have to say I like the look of this, coming to Xbox at some stage:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Gear box have confirmed their next game will be borderlands 3 according to eurogamer, heres the aritcle http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-22-gearbox-confirms-that-borderlands-3-will-be-its-next-game

Gear box have confirmed their next game will be borderlands 3 according to eurogamer, heres the aritcle http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-22-gearbox-confirms-that-borderlands-3-will-be-its-next-game

The confirmed it will be Borderlands but they seemed very reluctant to use 3 when talking about it at PAX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,067 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I finished playing Season 1 of The Walking Dead. A brilliant brilliant game.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Elite Dangerous Arena was announced for Xbox in the last few days, it's pretty much the PvP part of the full game as a stand alone. It's really good in the main game but is unfortunately impossible to get a match due to numbers, hopefully this will give it a bit of a boost. It was only a fiver when it came out on Steam a while back I think so hopefully will have similar pricing on XBL.

Out today: https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Bundle/Elite-Dangerous-Arena-Edition/aad60a4e-5918-4c7c-bbc1-ee416820f9fc

There's not a whole lot of content in it tbh but it is fun and not bad at €6.49. Hopefully this means it will be possible to find a match now!

Launch trailer from when it came out on PC:

Beginning to feel like a rep for Elite:Dangerous at this stage :pac: but they just release a trailer for the first big expansion called Horizons which allows you to land on and explore moons and planets (only the ones with no atmosphere for now). It's been out on PC a while now but should be hitting Xbox in June or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Just don't have the time for it... I was so tempted to get the base game a while back. It does look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Out today: https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Bundle/Elite-Dangerous-Arena-Edition/aad60a4e-5918-4c7c-bbc1-ee416820f9fc

There's not a whole lot of content in it tbh but it is fun and not bad at €6.49. Hopefully this means it will be possible to find a match now!

Launch trailer from when it came out on PC:

I bought the standard edition of this yesterday , haven't got a chance to put it on yet though , I was wondering do I need to learn to play the full game first to get the hang of flying or just jump into straight into Arena ? Thanks!

gizabeer wrote: »
    I bought the standard edition of this yesterday , haven't got a chance to put it on yet though , I was wondering do I need to learn to play the full game first to get the hang of flying or just jump into straight into Arena ? Thanks!

You could try the training missions out, there's one that teaches you how to dock and that as well as some combat ones. The controls seem fairly complicated at first but once you get the hang of it they're not too bad. It's worth experimenting with turning flight assist off too, it's great for getting the drop on other ships in arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Has anyone played the DC universe game that's just recently been made available on Xbox? Looks good, but as I don't play much online multiplayer is there much of a solo campaign involved here?

Has anyone played the DC universe game that's just recently been made available on Xbox? Looks good, but as I don't play much online multiplayer is there much of a solo campaign involved here?

I've played it on the PS3 a while back and been playing it now on the Xbox, you can play it alone, it's an open world much like World of Warcraft where you can see other players don't there own thing. It has micro transactions, if you want better powers you gotta pay.
    One thing I found annoying is the queueing system, on the PS3 I would switch it on and start up in a lobby but on the Xbox box you gotta queue for a while, depending on how many players are on, this can range from 5 minutes to 2 hours but if you become a premium player or a member, it's a shorter wait.
    I was in a party chat with some friends who has been reading over an hour to get in, he ended up paying eventually.
    The other thing is you can't seem to join up with friends who are on non EU servers and there doesn't seem to be s way to change your server

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jet Set Radio now available on BC, hurrah!

(Also MX vs. ATV Reflex & Texas Hold ‘Em)

I started to play Assassin's Creed last Saturday and it is a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

All the dark souls 3 talk lately rekindled (see what i did there? :cool: ) my interest in Dark Souls 2, I got it for a fiver in a smyths toys sale but stopped playing after a few hours as it wasn't gelling with me.

I have to say, i'm really glad I went back and started a fresh run. I'm hooked now and can definitely see myself sticking it out till the end. I've just beaten
    The Ruin sentinels
    and feel like I'm making some good progress at last.

I have to say, I dont think theres any game that gives the feeling of self satisfaction at beating a boss that the Dark Souls series does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'm really late to the party I know but I streamed the Xbox One to my Windows 10 laptop last night, I was just doing it out of boredom as the football was on the main tv. I then ended up playing xbox games on the laptop for the rest of the night, it worked really well.

Before I just thought it was for recording clips or streaming to a YouTube channel or something. I can see me playing a lot more xbox now lol.

Cool story bro, I know lol

Playing Party Hard at the minute, not a huge amount to it but it is a fun distraction with a really addictive soundtrack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I really liked Party Hard, was pretty fun and got quite challenging at times, and you're right about the soundtrack - class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Liamalone wrote: »
    I'm really late to the party I know but I streamed the Xbox One to my Windows 10 laptop last night, I was just doing it out of boredom as the football was on the main tv. I then ended up playing xbox games on the laptop for the rest of the night, it worked really well.

Before I just thought it was for recording clips or streaming to a YouTube channel or something. I can see me playing a lot more xbox now lol.

Cool story bro, I know lol

On impulse I bought the Lenovo "PC on a stick" yesterday on Amazon flash sale for €60 odd euro.

I'd read a few positive reports of it being set up to stream Xbox to a second tv, so I thought I'd give it a lash for that and Kodi. Bought some Cat 5 cable and checked out.

Remembered afterwards that it doesn't actually have an Ethernet connection :rolleyes:, my WiFi is crap and most reports complain about the stick WiFi too. My expectations are no longer high...

Based on your comments, I've decided to try and upgrade an old laptop to Windows 10 as a fallback plan!

Bought Gone Home in the sale yesterday, I'd been put off by it's length and price. Took us about 90 minutes to get to the end but could be done a lot quicker. I genuinely can't recall the last time a game or even a movie had me so emotionally involved in the story. This was a wonderful story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

A really, really serious issue here.

I had a physical copy of GTA V on disk and recently bought it digitally when it was reduced via the 360 DLC offer.

It works fine and the game save carried across, but the icon/picture no longer show up in the list of my games. There is a blank square and when i launch that my game fires up. Any one know of a way to bring back the image, without deleting and reinstalling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone played Solus Project that's in Game Preview?

It looks really good from the screenshots.

Joypads are still ****, must be twenty odd I've broke cos I'm like Annie of the Schawaerzathingy.

Boop boop boop, another one bites the duster! I reiterate, not one xbox 360 joypad did big thumbs here break. Not one. Rant over

Aaaaargh

*I might be drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Joypads are still ****, must be twenty odd I've broke cos I'm like Annie of the Schawaerzathingy.

Boop boop boop, another one bites the duster! I reiterate, not one xbox 360 joypad did big thumbs here break. Not one. Rant over

Aaaaargh

*I might be drunk

At this rate, you'd be better off buying one of those adapters that let's you use a 360 pad on the one.

Although at this point with the amount of controllers you've broke, I'm inclined to think the problem isn't with the controllers.

At this rate, you'd be better off buying one of those adapters that let's you use a 360 pad on the one.

Although at this point with the amount of controllers you've broke, I'm inclined to think the problem isn't with the controllers.

An adapter you say? Must look into that, thanks.

As for the problem being on my side, well.... a broken record I am but in 7 years of xbox 360 not one controller was killed.

*I might still be drunk

As for the problem being on my side, well.... a broken record I am but in 7 years of xbox 360 not one controller was killed.

*I might still be drunk

They are different controllers though. And maybe you were more gentle then :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

*I might still be drunk

And i have seen 5 broken controllers out of 200. If you break as many as you say then the issue is definitely on your end.

Liamalone wrote:

Cronus Max about e50

And i have seen 5 broken controllers out of 200. If you break as many as you say then the issue is definitely on your end.

If you say so boss, only variable that has changed is the quality of the controller, pretty obvious imo. Just got it exchanged again so all is good for another wee while.

• Advertisement

Do you work in a game shop?

If you say so boss, only variable that has changed is the quality of the controller, pretty obvious imo. Just got it exchanged again so all is good for another wee while.

The quality clearly isn't the only variable though, otherwise we'd all have broken controllers. Do you think we are lying or something, as we lounge on beds of mangled thumbsticks and shoulder buttons :)
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you work in a game shop?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I have gone through one controller in 2 years, but I would agree that the durability of the One controller is nowhere near the 360 one.

Better directional pad and bumper buttons? Absolutely. But a lot more fragile. I've had sticky trigger buttons and the issue with the thumbstick control dragging to the right in-game.

Nope.

Wasn't being nosey was just wondering when you said you saw 5 out of 200 broken.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Wasn't being nosey was just wondering when you said you saw 5 out of 200 broken.

Work in the industry. Have a lot of consoles in place.

Decided I'd replay the 1st borderlands game since I hadn't played it in ages and it came with GwG recently.

Started a new character and close to the end of the 1st play though, with in oh 15-20 minutes I had the best 3 guns in the game for my character and build drop, and not even from bosses or named enemies , just randomly in a chest and 2 from regular mobs. I've never had that kind of luck in borderlands, I remember farming 1 enemy close to 300 times to get a drop in the second game :D

And perfect time to get them too ,final boss in sight and they should last well into playthrough 2.

• Advertisement

Black Ops 1 now available on XB1 via bc:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/732601579933716480

I would like to know what users Xbox games backlog is like.

Mine is:

Borderlands -The Handsome Collection.

Wolfenstein - The Old Blood.

Life Is Strange.

Sunset Overdrive.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Assassin's Creed Rogue.

Fallout 3.

Alan Wake.

Kameo.

That list will probably lengthen again...

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I would like to know what users Xbox games backlog is like.

Mine is:

Borderlands -The Handsome Collection.

Wolfenstein - The Old Blood.

Life Is Strange.

Sunset Overdrive.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Assassin's Creed Rogue.

Fallout 3.

Alan Wake.

Kameo.

That list will probably lengthen again...

That's a cute list ;)

Tomb Raider
    Black Flag
    Sunset Overdrive
    Lords of The Fallen
    Rocket League
    Unravel
    Ori
    Fallout 4
    Witcher 3
    South Park Stick of Truth
    Borderlands