Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Gaming ***No Spoilers***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Backlog that I actually want to get playing:

Witcher 2 & 3
    Fallout 4 (I got bored very quickly but would like to go back)
    Metro / Metro Last Light Redux
    Wolfenstein: Old Blood
    AC: Black Flag

After that I've probably 30 games in my library/ready to install that I don't want to think about just yet :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

maximoose wrote: »
    Backlog that I actually want to get playing:

This is what I had to do as well, the amount of games in my backlog was actually turning me off playing games, but didn't stop me from buying games. A vicious cycle ensued, and I went through about a year where I didn't really play any games at all, while still managing to grow my backlog.

Now I'm ploughing through games at a good clip, but it's only games that I really want to play. All the rest have kinda gone onto a secondary backlog that I don't think about.

Mine is the Division and the Witcher 3. I had the Witcher 2 on the list, but I just couldn't get into it, and realised I was only playing it to get into the Witcher 3, so I scratched that one off.

Might have to do the same with Witcher 2 - my reasons are the same, I just want to get stuck into the third and see what the fuss is about.

My biggest problem is I've all these time-sink games I want to play, but every time I find a free hour or two to game I just want to play Rocket League or R6 Siege (god I love Siege)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You don't need to play Witcher 2 to get into 3. 3 was my first one and I loved it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You don't need to play Witcher 2 to get into 3. 3 was my first one and I loved it!

What's your list like Misky? Must be a decent size.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Games I want to play

Halo 5
    Sunset Overdrive
    Lords of the fallen
    Titanfall
    Witcher 2 + 3
    Assassins creed Syndicate
    Arkham Knight
    Ori

Plus all the sports games I have from EA access

Would like to replay GoW 1-3 but know I prob never will

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wit her 2 is brilliant though and will only take a fraction of time compared to 3 so I think it's good to play it first if you have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wit her 2 is brilliant though and will only take a fraction of time compared to 3 so I think it's good to play it first if you have it.

Agreed, 2 is a fantastic game, and by the way when Mickeroo says 'a fraction of the time' - its still probably 40 - 50 hours. :eek:

I'm like you as well maxi, I've attacked the backlog to some degree, but I've also found myself playing an hour of halo 5 and even going back to battlefield 4 any time i get on, I've promised myself I'll get through dark souls 2 in the next 5 weeks before my holidays though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm kind of in that no mans land of not playing anything in particular at the moment. Finished DS3 and have plenty to play just not sure which one I want to commit to yet so I'm just hoppping between Halo 5, Elite Dangerous and Battlefield 4 (which I can't get the hang of at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

I have dark souls 2 for ps4 but i couldn't really get into it...I somehow prefer elder scrolls!Games i want to play on xbox one are forza 6
    call of duty black ops 1 and 3
    titanfall
    halo 5
    Destiny (played it on ps4 and loved it)
    Minecraft xbox edition (i like designing lol)
    and most likely rise of the tomb raider if its any good? These are games i want to get but thing is finding time to play them as i easily get distracted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I have dark souls 2 for ps4 but i couldn't really get into it...I somehow prefer elder scrolls!Games i want to play on xbox one are forza 6
    call of duty black ops 1 and 3
    titanfall
    halo 5
    Destiny (played it on ps4 and loved it)
    Minecraft xbox edition (i like designing lol)
    and most likely rise of the tomb raider if its any good? These are games i want to get but thing is finding time to play them as i easily get distracted :D

Get yourself Ark Survival Evolved ;)

I have about 80 games including the GWG's and I only really play Ark.
    I will pop onto GTA V, Sunset Drive and Fallout 4 depending on my mood if there is a problem with the Ark servers though and I started playing some Battlefield 4 again

Get yourself Ark Survival Evolved

Don't do it! Ark will ruin your life!

Don't do it! Ark will ruin your life!

Do not listen to the boy of Miskyness, it will make everything better and its on sale so its a no brainer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's your list like Misky? Must be a decent size.

Thanks for reminding me of my great pile of shame:

Alien Isolation
    Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
    Back to the Future
    Advanced Warfare & Blops 3 campaigns (maybe)
    Castle Crashers Remastered
    Chariot
    Child of Light
    D4
    Dying Light: The Following expansion**
    Gears of War Ultimate
    Halo MCC
    Life is Strange**
    Limbo
    Metal Gear Solid V**
    Metro 2033 & Last Light Redux
    Ori & The Blind Forest + Definitive Edition**
    Outlast
    Resident Evil 2 Revelations
    Rise of The Tomb Raider**
    Sniper Elite 3**
    Sunset Overdrive
    Tales from the Borderlands
    Thief**
    Unravel**
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

** means I've started but not got passed halfway at least yet.

Then don't even talk to me about Steam :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    If this is the wrong thread please feel free to move it.
    I'm looking for-
    1. enjoyable car/racing game for a 6 year old. Are there any racing games that involve crashing/bashing into each other, he'd love that compared to a standard racing game.

2. Shooting game for me- I'm thinking Doom as I like straight forward shooting and not too much planning/finding things if you know what I mean. Would you recommend Doom or anything else? Halo maybe?

3. Racing game for me (40 yr old male)- there's a load of them out there I know, some much cheaper than others- Project Cars vs Forza cars.Looking for something fun, enjoyment, a game I can play in 20 mins sessions if you know what I mean.

4. best dancing game (for 8 yr old girl). We don't have the Kinnect (v expensive) so would need to be one that you can use with a smartphone app.

Thanks advance!
    Pa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for-
    1. enjoyable car/racing game for a 6 year old. Are there any racing games that involve crashing/bashing into each other, he'd love that compared to a standard racing game.

2. Shooting game for me- I'm thinking Doom as I like straight forward shooting and not too much planning/finding things if you know what I mean. Would you recommend Doom or anything else? Halo maybe?

3. Racing game for me (40 yr old male)- there's a load of them out there I know, some much cheaper than others- Project Cars vs Forza cars.Looking for something fun, enjoyment, a game I can play in 20 mins sessions if you know what I mean.

4. best dancing game (for 8 yr old girl). We don't have the Kinnect (v expensive) so would need to be one that you can use with a smartphone app.

Thanks advance!
    Pa

1: Not sure about a kids racing game.
    2: Halo is very good or Destiny (Gun Mechanics are brilliant)
    3: Forza 6
    4: No idea about the game but you can get a Kinnect in CEX for about €60 with a 12 month warranty.

Edit: EA Access is great value at €25 a year for anyone into sports games. You also get Battlefield through it. (Only if you have good Broadband with no download limit)

Batman: Return to Arkham is official then

Hi,
    I'm looking for-

Thanks advance!
    Pa

1. Its not a racing game but rocket league can be quite fun and its cheap too

2. Personally for me I think forza 6 is the better racer with over 450 cars and amazing graphics. I played the demo and to me its a bt better than project cars

3. As for shooters if your not into blacks ops 3 theres destiny which can be fun , i havent played halo yet but i heard its quite good , Doom also good choice.

4. i dont know much about dance games but I'm sure someone else here will have better info than me on that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Rocket league is definitely the best option for a kids car game where he can bash the others. It's absolutely fantastic and only cost 20e.

• Advertisement

For the shooter game, Black Ops 1.

I'd also recommend getting EA Access 1 year subscription then maybe play Battlefield 4, give it a try at least.

As for the Kinect being expensive, you can pick a second hand one up for €50 from CeX & I'm pretty sure they give a 2 year warranty on everything these days: https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SXB1OFFKIN2#.Vzx3npErKUk

Get yourself Ark Survival Evolved ;)

I have about 80 games including the GWG's and I only really play Ark.
    I will pop onto GTA V, Sunset Drive and Fallout 4 depending on my mood if there is a problem with the Ark servers though and I started playing some Battlefield 4 again

Hmmm I have checked Ark out in twitch streams , looks good so far

If I remember correctly, there is a dance game(Dance Dance revolution or something) that does not need the Kinect but you can use an app on a smartphone, I might be wrong but something about an Xbox One dancing game and smartphone app is sticking out to me!

Hmmm I have checked Ark out in twitch streams , looks good so far

There was a new update yesterday and they have added another map which is bigger than the original map

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Just took the plunge on ark. I'll fire it up after the exams.

Pudsy33 wrote: »

stock-vector-red-devil-s-face-with-evil-grin-smoking-cigar-vector-cartoon-illustration-332604257.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Would you recommend Ark even if you don't have a consistent group for online play? I picked up The Division later than my mates and now they're all 30-70 levels ahead of me so it's no fun playing with them.

What's with the "(Game Preview)" subtitle?

Would you recommend Ark even if you don't have a consistent group for online play? I picked up The Division later than my mates and now they're all 30-70 levels ahead of me so it's no fun playing with them.

Microsoft wrote:
    Microsoft announced a new program which looks to directly tap into those ideas put forth by Steam’s Early Access program.

Known as the Game Preview program, Microsoft revealed that Xbox One players will be able to purchase and play titles that are still in active development. By jumping into the game early, the community will be able to become more active in the game’s development by providing feedback which may even help shape the title before it’s released.

Basically games that aren't actually out yet, the devs allow you to play them and give feedback. Usually the price is cheaper than if you wait till final release too.

Games in preview on xbox usually give you a 1 hour free trial too if you want to check it out.

Basically the game is still being developed, you get a preview of it, its the full game but the devs are adding more to it each month.
    It was due to be released this summer but has been pushed back.

You will find a lot of helpful people on different servers but its not a game you can play on your own, you will need help if you are looking to tame certain creatures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just on the back log, I have...

The Telltale Collection
    Shadow of Mordor
    Assassins creed Unity
    Arkham Knight
    Watchdogs
    Sunset Overdrive
    Lords of the Fallen
    The Division
    Destiny
    Metal Gear Solid: Whichever was free with gold.
    Tomb Raider: Whichever was free with gold.
    Sherlock Holmes: Crime and Punishment.
    Life is Strange
    Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone/Blood and Wine
    Gears of War: Ultimate and Judgement

There are others that are missing that I cannot remember offhand. As other posters have said I kinda find myself apprehensive to dive into new games. When I have an hour or so to play and know most of that is going to be spent with an intro/tutorial I just can't be bothered and find myself playing a few games of Halo or FIFA instead. It's something I want to change though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I got Ark last week and started playing it alone but then Max and a couple of others gave me a lot of help and I got more done in a couple of hours with help than I did in the 2 days before that on my own. I still liked the game before that but it is a very long slog to progress if you are alone, like Max said there are a lot of helpful people on the different servers depending on which one you choose, I've only played PvE so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Will probably get return to Arkham
    Only played half of Arkham Asylum, couldn't find the doctors notes and friend was only able to lend it to me for two weeks.
    Loved Arkham City, played that about 4/5 times over with Catwoman too, but never got rest of the dlc.
    Arkham knight was alright I guess but the Batmobile was forced on you too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭gmg678

Hi,
    I'm looking for-

Thanks advance!
    Pa
    you can get Halo MCC its the 1st four Halo games for less than 30 if you shop around, they are fun games and epic soundtrack.
    Forza also good games. or you could go for Forza horizon(a little bit more fun)
    Dancing games and Kinect go hand in hand. you can get a Kinect in CEX for 50. I Picked up one there and they give you 6month warranty on it. if that is possible than any of the Just dance games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

My backlog is horrendous. Just checked and I have 103 titles. I think i have played (as in more than 30 mins) about 12 titles :/

Titles i intend on playing at some stage
    assassins creed
    borderlands
    borderlands 2
    borderlands pre-sequel
    at least one of the CODs but idk which one is best? have blops3, ghosts and AW
    child of light
    dark souls
    dead space
    gears of war titles
    just cause titles
    MGS
    resident evil
    witcher titles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

My backlog takes the p*ss at this stage.

My official backlog that I use My Game Collection on Android to keep track of is just the games I want to play in the near future. It doesn't include PS Plus or Games with Gold games that I'm not interested in. It also doesn't include currently non-BC 360 games that I bought at the end of it's life on the cheap - classics such as RDR for shame.

So here we go, I know this is an Xbox forum but I'll include my PS4 games too:

Alien Isolation - XB1
    Bloodbourne - PS4
    Dark Souls - XB1
    Grim Fandango - PS4
    Halo MCC - XB1 - only halfway through Halo 1
    Lego Jurassic World - XB1
    Life is Strange - PS4
    Lords of the Fallen - XB1
    MGSV - PS4
    Saints Row: Gat out of Hell - XB1
    Soma - PS4
    Witcher 3 - PS4
    Thief - XB1
    Tropico 5 - PS4
    Zombi - PS4
    Sunset Overdrive DLC - XB1 - Have finished the main game but I picked up the Season Pass on sale recently.

360 games I want to play/finish, for shame:

RDR
    Dark Souls
    Bioshock Infinite
    Mass Effect 3 - finished the first 2 and started playing this but life must have gotten in the way
    Dead Space
    Borderlands - Didn't even realise I owned it until looking up my Xbox profile :o
    Gears of War 2

And probably loads of others if I was at home to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,067 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Valiant Hearts. I just love the music in that game.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guitar Hero Live

I must pick that up some time so I can be an Alex Lifeson wannabe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I must pick that up some time so I can be an Alex Lifeson wannabe.

I believe Rock Band 4 to be the stronger of the two titles, especially so if you have had previous incarnations. That said, i wouldn't mind a bash at GH Live myself.

Cross play with PC is live on Rocket League now apparently.

Downloaded L.A. Noire to the 360 last night. Took about 1hr 52mins to download.

I lol'ed when he said "We are travellers". Completely different meaning in Ireland :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Wonder will sulkies be one of the modes of transport in it?

sulky456

Another free to play one out today, APB Reloaded. Looks like GTA online with MMO elements.

Obliteracers coming to Xbox One on 15th July

Actually looks like great fun

Another free to play one out today, APB Reloaded. Looks like GTA online with MMO elements.

Cant seem to find it on the Store or the Website

Cant seem to find it on the Store or the Website

Only available in a few countries for now, Russia being one if you want to make the switch.

Only available in a few countries for now, Russia being one if you want to make the switch.

Спасибо товарищу

Спасибо товарищу

Now we have posters speaking Russian. I love this forum :)

Weird it was there earlier on the Irish one.

Edit: Still is there but now it's got a release date of 31/12/16 and is unavailable.

Live stream of the Elie Dangerous expansion out tomorrow here: https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=aYHJY9JZNBA&feature=live-chat-promo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

A bit late, but I picked up Rocket League today. Good fun so far.

Advertisement