Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Gaming ***No Spoilers***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,067 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Borderlands 2. I'm finding it addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Borderlands 2. I'm finding it addictive.
    It's a brilliant game but all three of them are also.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Finally did the achievement in goat simulator to get 10points in flappy goat.

Also screw flappy goat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Another free to play one out today, APB Reloaded. Looks like GTA online with MMO elements.

"Worst game on the Xbox One", according to Eurogamer. This video is hilarious - the game looks and plays terrible and is riddled with bugs.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Rocket League is free for the weekend if you have Gold apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Rocket League is free for the weekend if you have Gold apparently.

Yup I just downloaded it through the Xbox website on my phone because the new dashboard is a bit glitchy at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This is out now for xbox and it's under €10 from some foreign stores, think I'll pick it up today, seems like a nice chillaxing fun game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

Has anybody tried TMNT mutants in Manhattan yet ?
    Is it worth buying ?
    I loved the turtles back in the day so I'm thinking it might be worth a purchase

kelledy wrote: »
    Has anybody tried TMNT mutants in Manhattan yet ?
    Is it worth buying ?
    I loved the turtles back in the day so I'm thinking it might be worth a purchase

The reviews were not kind to it.

Not only will you get a free copy Gears of War 4 for Windows 10 but you'll also get all previous 360 Gears free:

https://twitter.com/GearsViking/status/742758348689264640

• Advertisement

I already got all the previous gears of war games free. Forget how I got them though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I already got all the previous gears of war games free. Forget how I got them though.

Yeah, at this stage I expect codes for all the Gears games to fall out of my cornflakes box every morning. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Most of them have been GwG, they also came free with GoW: Ultimate Edition.

They were all GWG at some stage as well as free with Gears Ultimate Edition.

Still cool tho :p

Edit: Boom, someone got in there before me for a change :D

It was for getting the ultimate edition.
    It is still cool though for those who don't have them.

I will be buying the new gears day one and it is also cool to get it free on PC.

Lost Odyssey & Blue Dragon are both set for backwards compatibility in the near future.

“Spencer calls out the 360-exclusive Japanese role-playing games Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey as his most-wanted games, and says the team is working on getting them running on Xbox One as we speak — and those backward compatible games, too, will work on Scorpio.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

One thing I am surprised on is the lack of either a Games with Gold special (I thought practically everyone got Limbo pretty much free when it first released) or lack of a big BC title

Thought the presentations so far were a little flat to be honest, I think too much was leaked beforehand, I think last night on xbox daily was the first time i saw the Xbox folk look surprised when Frank West posed with them for selfies :)

Toppy

-Toppy- wrote: »
    One thing I am surprised on is the lack of either a Games with Gold special (I thought practically everyone got Limbo pretty much free when it first released) or lack of a big BC title

Thought the presentations so far were a little flat to be honest, I think too much was leaked beforehand, I think last night on xbox daily was the first time i saw the Xbox folk look surprised when Frank West posed with them for selfies :)

Toppy

There was talk of Dragon Age 2 , Fight Night and some other EA titles coming to BC during E3 a few weeks ago.

-Toppy- wrote: »

Toppy

Yeah, that was pretty funny. AceyBongos didn't know what was going on lol.

I was disappointed with last nights Daily show. I was hoping they'd announce some more B.C games. Maybe tonight :cool:

The game we've all been waiting for! :D

• Advertisement

I really like where this is going. Farming Simulator 17 will also have MOD support when launched: http://www.windowscentral.com/farming-simulator-17-xbox-one-will-support-mods-created-pc

So that's Fallout 4, Skyrim: Remastered & Farming Simulator 17 so far is it?

I wouldn't mind giving Farming Simulator a go. Would love to take a John Deere tractor for a spin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I wouldn't mind giving Farming Simulator a go. Would love to take a John Deere tractor for a spin.

If my father in law heard I got a Farming Simulator, he'd expect me to help out around the farm.

As it is, I play extremely dumb when it comes to farming: "Jaysus, that's a big sheep!"; "That's a cow, Catinabox"

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, at this stage I expect codes for all the Gears games to fall out of my cornflakes box every morning. :)

If you got a spare code with your breakfast this morning I'd gladly take it off your hands!

Fallout New Vegas is now BC

Fallout New Vegas is now BC

And a bunch of others not worth mentioning.

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, Crystal Quest, Comic Jumper & I Am Alive, Blood Knights, Red Faction Battleground & Joe Danger are also BC now too.

CatInABox wrote:
    And a bunch of others not worth mentioning.

Or that lol

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, Crystal Quest, Comic Jumper & I Am Alive, Blood Knights, Red Faction Battleground & Joe Danger are also BC now too.

The first Joe Danger game was a bit of light fun.

• Advertisement

To celebrate the release of Warzone Firefight next week, the full game of Halo 5: Guardians will be available to download and play FOR FREE to all Xbox Live Gold members from June 29 to July 5 as part of Xbox Live’s “Free Play Days” program. Additionally, Halo 5: Guardians will be on sale for 50 percent off during this same time. There’s no better time to join the Spartan ranks!
    Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2016/06/23/warzone-firefight-comes-halo-5-guardians-june-29/#5t9j75UfkMX7lzcO.99

Has anyone played Sniper Elite III? I'm flip-flopping on whether to get it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Has anyone played Sniper Elite III? I'm flip-flopping on whether to get it or not.
    Yep and loved it.

Co-op is some laugh also. Really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Still no sign of skate 3 becoming backward compatible.

I have a copy still in plastic wrap that I'm mad to get playing

"Set in a brutally unforgiving post-apocalyptic world overrun by the undead,7 days to die is an open-world game that is a unique combination of first person shooter, survival horror, tower defense, and role-playing games. it presents combat, crafting, looting, mining, exploration, and character growth, in a way that has seen a rapturous response from fans worldwide. explore – huge, unique and rich environments, offering the freedom to play the game any way you want. craft – craft and repair weapons, clothes, armor, tools, vehicles, and more. build – take over a ruin, or build from the ground-up. design your fortress to include traps and defensive positions to survive the undead - the world is fully destructible and moldable. cooperate or compete – includes two player split screen mode, with support for up to 4 players online..."

Available to play this Friday 1st July. €34.99 on Irish store or €19 from Russia.

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/7-Days-to-Die/5dbbbb31-af0d-4717-bc1e-851a5a0b0b34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

"Set in a brutally unforgiving post-apocalyptic world overrun by the undead,7 days to die is an open-world game that is a unique combination of first person shooter, survival horror, tower defense, and role-playing games. it presents combat, crafting, looting, mining, exploration, and character growth, in a way that has seen a rapturous response from fans worldwide. explore – huge, unique and rich environments, offering the freedom to play the game any way you want. craft – craft and repair weapons, clothes, armor, tools, vehicles, and more. build – take over a ruin, or build from the ground-up. design your fortress to include traps and defensive positions to survive the undead - the world is fully destructible and moldable. cooperate or compete – includes two player split screen mode, with support for up to 4 players online..."

Available to play this Friday 1st July. €34.99 on Irish store or €19 from Russia.

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/7-Days-to-Die/5dbbbb31-af0d-4717-bc1e-851a5a0b0b34

Looks a bit like Ark but with Zombies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Not that I sit around gaming with mates these days, but the split screen is welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Reminds me of the long dark game that was on the preview programme, with zombies and more to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Looks good.

€35 is too much though for a 4 player co-op game when you look at it vs Ark

Yep and loved it.

Co-op is some laugh also. Really good.

Great. Decided to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Inside is getting great reviews so far:

IGN: 10/10
    Giantbomb: 5/5
    Videogamer: 10/10

I should really go finish Limbo...

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Inside is getting great reviews so far:

I should really go finish Limbo...

Just finished it the other day, all achievements bar 2 (curse the 1 where you need to finish the game in 1 sitting with 5 lives or less)

Then the other achievement I didn't get was for collecting all the eggs throughtout the game then going back to a previous chapter where you can access a secredt level, even tho I collected all eggs the secret level didn't open for me which sucks.

My guess is after I collected an egg then died, I didn't go re-collect it again for that specific area even tho I got the relevant achievement. :o

Just finished it the other day, all achievements bar 2 (curse the 1 where you need to finish the game in 1 sitting with 5 lives or less)

Then the other achievement I didn't get was for collecting all the eggs throughtout the game then going back to a previous chapter where you can access a secredt level, even tho I collected all eggs the secret level didn't open for me which sucks.

My guess is after I collected an egg then died, I didn't go re-collect it again for that specific area even tho I got the relevant achievement. :o

Just hope inside doesn't have one of those timed and limited death ones too, I know it has one for the collectibles and secret area.

Picked up Lego The Force Awakens today, and it's brill !!!!!!!! They've added a few new mechanics to make the gameplay a bit fresher. It looks like a lego any other game but the sound is amazing on it !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

has anyone tried that new rpg game that was released today in xbox store called the technomancer? was wondering if its worth getting

has anyone tried that new rpg game that was released today in xbox store called the technomancer? was wondering if its worth getting

Was tempted until I read some of the reviews. Worst thing that stood out to me in them was the combat and cheap deaths, it's like arkman games without the on screen prompts so you could be fighting away and have no idea that an ememy off screen is about to shoot and one shot you. They also mentioned the enemies were too powerful and the player character too weak.

Another one was there was no limit to the number that could engage you at once so you just end up being swarmed and killed very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

Was tempted until I read some of the reviews. Worst thing that stood out to me in them was the combat and cheap deaths, it's like arkman games without the on screen prompts so you could be fighting away and have no idea that an ememy off screen is about to shoot and one shot you. They also mentioned the enemies were too powerful and the player character too weak.

Another one was there was no limit to the number that could engage you at once so you just end up being swarmed and killed very easily.

Hmmm I see , I guess i'll skip it then , i,ll try find another rpg/mmo game for myself

Probably the most unconsole game ever to come out for a console.

Alright then...

I started playing L.A. Noire at the weekend. It's a great game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement