Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Gaming ***No Spoilers***

1333435363739»

Comments

That's the Handsome collection. I am playing the first game which came out on Xbox 360. There is a new Xbox One HD version which I got for free on PC but it is €30 on Xbox and PS.

Yeah I picked it up when it came out and it's the best version of the game but not worth paying €30 if you already have the 360 version imo. Looks great and fixes some niggles but it's the same game. It was a slog once you got to new haven then and it's the same now, and that Moxxi DLC can F right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The DLC for Borderlands, the zombie island of Dr. Ned is pretty difficult. Them damn spitting zombies are a night mare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

been playing through Ninja Gaiden black. Going well but in the city now i'm getting pissed off with the regenerating mobs each time I go back to an area. Still holds up well though and the gameplay is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have an opportunity to get a 2nd hand 360.

I logged into xbox.com using my old gamertag and only Xbox One games are listed on the site.
    I used to have a lot of digital games back in the day - are they still accessible on my account?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr E wrote: »
    I have an opportunity to get a 2nd hand 360.

I logged into xbox.com using my old gamertag and only Xbox One games are listed on the site.
    I used to have a lot of digital games back in the day - are they still accessible on my account?

They should be, some of them should even be playable on the Xbox one by now. They're definitely listed somewhere because they still give a couple of 360 games away with Gold every month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They should be, some of them should even be playable on the Xbox one by now. They're definitely listed somewhere because they still give a couple of 360 games away with Gold every month.

Weirdly enough, I can't find them listed anywhere either. Microsoft really needs to get it's stuff together with their websites. Really bizarre that I can see original Xbox games, but not 360 games.

Mr E, it's not ideal, but you might try the purchase history part of your Microsoft account, here's a link:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks for that link.

Not good. I can see some big digital downloads (Dishonoured, Max Payne 3) and some indies (Flashback, Duck Tales (RIP), Far Cry Blood Dragon, Brothers).

Still tons of stuff not listed though - Geometry Wars 1 & 2, Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, the Bionic Commando Rearmed games, Castlevania SOTN, and lots of other games that I can't even remember.

If they can't be downloaded, then I'd be wasting my money getting the 360 (unless I made it a modding project for emulation, but my PS Classic does all that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Mr E wrote: »
    Thanks for that link.

Not good. I can see some big digital downloads (Dishonoured, Max Payne 3) and some indies (Flashback, Duck Tales (RIP), Far Cry Blood Dragon, Brothers).

Still tons of stuff not listed though - Geometry Wars 1 & 2, Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, the Bionic Commando Rearmed games, Castlevania SOTN, and lots of other games that I can't even remember.

If they can't be downloaded, then I'd be wasting my money getting the 360 (unless I made it a modding project for emulation, but my PS Classic does all that).

Geometry Wars
    Geometry Wars 2
    Shadow Complex
    Splosion Man
    BC Rearmed 2 can't find the first one.
    Castlevania SOTN

I just used the search on xbox.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Was playing Doom 2016 there last night, as part of trying to get the reward points for this month.

There's an achievement called E1M1 that states something like "Complete the first level", which is UAC. I completed it, but no pop! I even went through the 2nd one, thinking the first might be a prologue or something and still nothing!

Frustrating!

But I am close to popping the 200 gore kills achievement :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Was playing Doom 2016 there last night, as part of trying to get the reward points for this month.

There's an achievement called E1M1 that states something like "Complete the first level", which is UAC. I completed it, but no pop! I even went through the 2nd one, thinking the first might be a prologue or something and still nothing!

Frustrating!

But I am close to popping the 200 gore kills achievement :D

try logging out of xbox live, and then logging back in, sometimes that gets them to pop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

try logging out of xbox live, and then logging back in, sometimes that gets them to pop.

Didn't work unfortunately SD!
    I got a different achievement to pop, so I'll still get my reward points :)

EDIT: Just randomly popped right now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I had dipped in and out of Gears 4 story mode every now and then and thought it was just ok

Played a fair whack of it over the last few days and a lot of horde mode, it finally clicked and I'm loving it. Looking forward to 5 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Just finished Gears 5 last night, really enjoyed it! Must give the MP a lash, never did it for any of the previous games. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Just finished Gears 5 last night, really enjoyed it! Must give the MP a lash, never did it for any of the previous games. Any good?
    None of the previous? And did you play all of the other Gears games?

I love the MP, but I'm biased. I'm a Gears fanatic and have been playing all the MPs since the first Gears on the 360.

I've heard there's a steep learning curve when it comes to the MP. A bit of a baptism of fire. I can't comment on this myself because, as I said, I'm there since day one.

This time around they included and Arcade mode in the MP to apparently ease new players in.

One way or another, it's absolutely worth a try. And there's a good few different MP modes to try.

WarpAsylum wrote: »

I love the MP, but I'm biased. I'm a Gears fanatic and have been playing all the MPs since the first Gears on the 360.

I've heard there's a steep learning curve when it comes to the MP. A bit of a baptism of fire. I can't comment on this myself because, as I said, I'm there since day one.

This time around they included and Arcade mode in the MP to apparently ease new players in.

One way or another, it's absolutely worth a try. And there's a good few different MP modes to try.
    Yeah I never had decent internet for the first few and just didnt get into after completed campaign in Gears 4, must have moved onto a new game! Played a few games to TDM last night and thought it was ok so will try play a bit more over the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've never enjoyed Gears PvP, but quite like the Horde mode.

• Just finished Gears 5 last night, really enjoyed it! Must give the MP a lash, never did it for any of the previous games. Any good?

The new arcade mode is quite fun. There is a mental learning curve for standard PVP but arcade mode is like PVP light

Anyone playing Yooka-Laylee and the impossible lair. It is quite difficult if you want to collect all the collectibles. If you just run through each level and collect the ones you find yourself on a run through it wouldn't be bad at all but getting them all is a challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm back playing Red Dead Redemption. Looks superb on the One X.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm back playing Red Dead Redemption. Looks superb on the One X.

Did you play it before on the One X or is this your first time?

Did you play it before on the One X or is this your first time?

I played it on the XB360, but I think it looks great on the One X.

WarpAsylum wrote: »

The new arcade mode is quite fun. There is a mental learning curve for standard PVP but arcade mode is like PVP light

Been playing a bit over the last week, find the regular MP very frustrating as its quite hard to get upgraded weapons. Arcade is good fun where you get the upgraded weapons based on kills. Is it always the same weapons for everyone at the start of a game for all the MP modes?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Been playing a bit over the last week, find the regular MP very frustrating as its quite hard to get upgraded weapons. Arcade is good fun where you get the upgraded weapons based on kills. Is it always the same weapons for everyone at the start of a game for all the MP modes?

Yeah, it’s basically a race for the power weapons at the beginning of a round.

Everyone starts out with the same weapons. The only options being Lancer/Enforcer and Smoke/Flash.

I have been playing Dirt 2.0 that comes with the game pass. It's much tougher that first one, but when everything goes well, it's very rewarding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Back gaming after years! Had to buy another xbox one... I think rain got at my old console :-(

Have a few games to get through, but if anyone has any recommendations for games on the cheap, or are selling any, let me know!

Cheers, Nalz (GT Trilla83)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭gmg678

Nalz wrote: »
    Back gaming after years! Had to buy another xbox one... I think rain got at my old console :-(

Have a few games to get through, but if anyone has any recommendations for games on the cheap, or are selling any, let me know!

Cheers, Nalz (GT Trilla83)

Get game pass ultimate. best gaming service at the moment. gives your access to Gold and over 150+ games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

gmg678 wrote: »
    Get game pass ultimate. best gaming service at the moment. gives your access to Gold and over 150+ games.

Thanks! Can you get a 12 month pass for this + Gold? Had a quick google and all i see is 3 month offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Here you go, posted a while ago so might not be the cheapest links for xbox live gold...
    This method basically gets you 35 month of game pass for a bit over 100 euro. I think you need to not have had game pass before / used the upgrade offer before.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112184599&postcount=939

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Treppen

Anyone tried Zombie Army 4: Dead War ?
    The bullet cam shots are great going by reviews.
    I've played Sniper Elite 4 from the same team and if you have good headphones the sound effects with bullet cam are splendid (especially long shots).

Steep enough new though so I think I'll wait.

Killing Zombies= Good
    Killing Nazis = Good
    Killing Nazi Zombies .... :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Treppen wrote: »
    Anyone tried Zombie Army 4: Dead War ?
    The bullet cam shots are great going by reviews.
    I've played Sniper Elite 4 from the same team and if you have good headphones the sound effects with bullet cam are splendid (especially long shots).

Steep enough new though so I think I'll wait.

Killing Zombies= Good
    Killing Nazis = Good
    Killing Nazi Zombies .... :pac:

I have played the Zombie Army Trilogy to death at this stage, I love popping the nuts off them, its hilarious so I cant wait to pick this up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Treppen

Kimbot wrote: »
    I have played the Zombie Army Trilogy to death at this stage, I love popping the nuts off them, its hilarious so I cant wait to pick this up :D

Have you tried Sniper Elite 4? You can kill Hitler many ways (includes nut popping).Bit of a grind at times but worth it. Healthy enough multiplayer aspect too. SE5 is due out this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

With all this new info about the series X coming out and MS saying the next 2 years of games will be on Xbox one and above would it be a good idea to get a one X on the 'cheap', still get to play halo infinite etc because let's be real the games looks fantastic on the one X.

Advertisement