Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatcha' Playin'? (Playstation Edition)

Options
  • 22-05-2014 11:46am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the official, verified, totally legitimate Playstation forum 'What Are You Playing?' thread!

Why does this thread exist? When the mods were discussing the recent tidying up of the games category, we all wanted to make sure that the various communities within the category were allowed to discuss what they wanted. At the same time, we felt it was important to keep the core discussion of the games themselves in the main Games forum, which has proven a really successful strategy over the last few years. However, we further needed to ensure discussion of individual games weren't drowned out in the busy, unforgiving world of Games.

So this is the compromise that was agreed on - a dedicated thread in the major platform forums to allow y'all to discuss what you are playing (in this case, on the various Playstation platforms). Since a lot of this goes on in the megathreads anyway, this is simply a way of formalising and tidying it up :) Hopefully this will help ensure that this thread can become a friendly place for recommendations and casual discussions, and hopefully help highlight the hidden gems.

As always, if you feel a game deserves wider attention or more in-depth discussion, the Games forum remains the central hub for dedicated threads about individual titles!

So - whatcha' playin'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Personally, I am getting stuck into Wolfenstein, Transistor and Child of Light on PS4, with games like Stick it to The Man and Trials Fusion waiting in the wings to get more play time.

TBH I haven't booted up my PS3 much since moving up a gen, but I do regularly go back when a new episode of The Wolf Among Us releases.

Finally, on my commutes into work, I am in the middle of a replay of Persona 4 Golden, an attempt to actually complete (this time) Dead Nation and finish FEZ on my Vita

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

At the Mo I am playing the following:

PS4:

Don't Starve and BF4 with some Resogun thrown in every now and then.

PS Vita:

Everybody's Golf and Marumissa Rebirth :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

On PS3 I'm mostly concentrating on Atelier Rorona. It's a very down to earth RPG about a girl saving her item synthesis shop from closing down. There's no world to save and it's all localised in a small town and a few areas close by. I really like its focus on characters and more true to life experiences.

On vita I've been playing Persona 3 Portable. Not much else to say about that already hasn't been said but if you like RPGs and haven't played it you need to sort that out. I'm also spending some time on the PS1 classic Front Mission 3. Playing the US version which makes a huge difference to the speed and playability of the game. It's quite a simple strategy RPG but a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Front Mission 3 on Vita? what are the controls like?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Currently im playing Bioshock 2 on the PS3, Muramasa Rebirth on the Vita and am going to start another playthrough of Red Dead Redemption on the 360

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Playing Borderlands 2 on the PS3. Got it through the PS+ late last year I think. I am loving it, its fricking huge and immensely satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

BF4 on PS4. Just got Wolfenstein but may not get to play it for a few days.
    Decided to finish off the singleplayer for Ghosts last weekend (still haven't).

Farming on FF-X HD on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

PS4 - Still playing Infamous:SS, Towerfall and Stick it to the man

PS3 - FINALLY started Assassin's Creed 3, and have Kingdom Hearts on the go

PSVita - Muramasa Rebirth and FFX-HD

It's lists like the above that stop me finishing games. If I could focus on a single title, I'd finish way more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Got my PS4 last week, playing BF4 since, always been addicted to BF! Its great on this console.

Waiting for the Last of Us to come out, anyone know a definite release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got my PS4 last week, playing BF4 since, always been addicted to BF! Its great on this console.

Waiting for the Last of Us to come out, anyone know a definite release date?

Slipped to August apparently....

Was supposed to be end of July....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ps4: Currently playing MLB14 the show
    Decent game although I don't know much about baseball bar the absolute basics. So just learning what I am supposed to be doing on my road to the show career.
    Also pop in and out of fifa for a rest.

PS3: Fired this up today for the first time since I got the Ps4 so downloading payday 2 and gonna give that a whirl.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

PS3: I'm just cleaning up the last few trophies in Puppeteer at the moment. Very enjoyable game that is full of imagination. More people should really give it a go. I also play a bit of Classic Doom every now and again.

Vita: I've just started trying to play Soul Sacrifice. To be honest I'm a little bit lost, I'm not used to games like this at all so I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment in exactly what to do but I'll stick at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

PS4: Knack. Wanted something cheery after Thief & Infamous - both disappointing. Also Stick it to the Man via the vita.
    PS3: Dark Souls 2 - taking a break need one after trying repeatedly to kill the King, will go back and ignore him shortly.
    Vita: Muramasa; Dead nation & Castlevania.

Tempted to go for Wolfenstein but figure I might wait for some real gamer reviews to come back, might have kept me away from Thief.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The most shocking thing about knack when I played it was nearly as 'dudebro' as call of duty. I don't know what that game is trying to be but it's the least of its problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

PS3: South Park - The Stick of Truth. About half way through it, absolutely loving it so far.

PS4: Tomb Raider. Finished this on PS3 last year but said I'd buy it for PS4 - delighted that I did. Game plays and looks so much better on next gen consoles.

Must finish Tomb Raider in time for Watch Dogs next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

PS3: Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

PS Vita: Rainbow Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Slowly working my way through Bioshock Infinite on PS3. I'm enjoying it, but I'm not using the vigors as much as I should be.

Vita is a bit neglected at the moment. I was playing Gravity Rush, but it wasn't doing anything for me so I might not go back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Transistor ps4
    Ragnorok odyssey vita
    Factorio pc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Haven't much time these days, but playing GTA5 on the PS3 and when ever I get a few minutes im hanging with Tidus and the gang on the Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

There was some restructuring done at home. I decided to put my mancave 42inch. TV Ilin to bedroom, and bedrooms 42inch TV in to living room.
    Ps4 is now in bedroom and ps3 in living room. Misses got hooked up on Netflix, so my ps3 is as good as gone. Living room is pretty much occupied. Ps4 is now my best toy in bedroom! :D. Sunday to Wensday it's my ps4 evening time.

It might sound shocking, but in the way I am starting to be glad that this new gen does not have too many games.it means I get a lot more millage from games I own and I am not being distracted by next big thing. I doubt I would have ever given time to something like Second Son or Stick it to the man. Now I am really glad I did.

Ps4: I finished Second Son last night as a good guy and I really really enjoyed it. Even thinking of playing it on harder setting and as a bad guy. Or I might give it a small break and get back in to Bf4 for a bit.
    Ps3: occupied by misses. Can't really play much, but I did played infamous on it and I enjoyed it a lot.
    Ps vita:Since I got ps4 in bedroom, ps vita is collecting dust.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ps4 - Wolfenstein the new order what a great game so far about 3 or 4 hours into it never had so much fun playing a FPS in a long time just playing fun story and game play is great.

strider - Great 2.5D action game reminds me of shadow complex with a sword story a bit meh but game play is great.

PS Vita - Everybodys golf love picking up and playing this game as its so much faster then the old school PSP ones to play a round really enjoy it and its extremely hard to get good at.

PS3 - El Shadari dont really know what to think of this game with how much of it i have played so far its quite odd and strange.

DMC HD box went back and started playing this again as i picked it up for €10 euro in tesco as a stupidly gave it a loan to some one and never offered to give it back. But forgot how good it is when you go back and play it and how much hack and slash games have been made so easy over the years since this game out.

To add this week.
    Watch dogs and Borderlands 2 PS Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Marvel Lego on the PS4 for me at the moment currently trying to 100% it i'm at 39% god help me

• Registered Users Posts: 19 martindoran

watchdogs, its great , the online has serveral modes one i tried was the free roam but couldnt kill another online player there is a way to do it but havent found it yet

as for the looks of it , there is loads of hours in the offline mode , and who knows maybe some more online content

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Marvel Lego on the PS4 for me at the moment currently trying to 100% it i'm at 39% god help me

I had that plan. Was bored though so left it. Replaced it with Virtua Tennis on the Vita.

On PS4 playing Wolfenstein on the uber level and Watch Dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I just recently finished inFamous: SS. Started my second playthrough; gonna try finish it on Expert.
    Been at Watch Dogs a few times this week, not as often as I wouldve liked. Its good but not mind blowing by any means. If I'm not playing any of those Ive been nose diving into FIFA constantly. Played it all day today and only turned it off an hour ago. Currently downloading Trine 2.

Out of the 15 or so games I have, I only seem to spare time for no more than two. Although I will always have time for FIFA.... So addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Wow, I am amazed how much time I poured into the Destiny alpha. Like many have already stated, it does play like a mix of Halo and Borderlands but that is not a bad thing.

I love the UI. One thing MMOs rarely get right is the interface - it often looks like a wall of text. Destiny, while not strictly an MMO, gets around that by keeping the view clean, showing only the info you need at the top level and giving you the option to drill down further into the menu for more detail.

The missions available on the alpha were generally good, especially the Strike mission which strongly encouraged working together by stacking the odds against you. The smaller missions available during the free-roam bit though were poor - far too generic and offering very little diversity.

Still, I was interested in it before but have already digitally pre-ordered it to make sure I get into the beta. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Otacon wrote: »
    Wow, I am amazed how much time I poured into the Destiny alpha. Like many have already stated, it does play like a mix of Halo and Borderlands but that is not a bad thing.

I love the UI. One thing MMOs rarely get right is the interface - it often looks like a wall of text. Destiny, while not strictly an MMO, gets around that by keeping the view clean, showing only the info you need at the top level and giving you the option to drill down further into the menu for more detail.

The missions available on the alpha were generally good, especially the Strike mission which strongly encouraged working together by stacking the odds against you. The smaller missions available during the free-roam bit though were poor - far too generic and offering very little diversity.

Still, I was interested in it before but have already digitally pre-ordered it to make sure I get into the beta. Anyone else?

I didn't play any other game all weekend, I am in love with Destiny, it's not everyone's cup of tea but I really thought Bungie pulled it out of the bag, I'm a big Halo fan so I kinda knew what to expect shooter wise, but not a clue of how they were gonna work the RPG elements of the game....

I actually was playing it til they pulled the plug 2am on Monday, me and 2 other lads were dancing on a hill as the server disconnected, it was gas...

I maxed out a Warlock and Titan with the paltry level 8, I will most likely go with the Warlock in the full game....

I'm gonna pre order it, and I never pre order games....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Played through MGS3 again for the first time in years. As soon as I finished it, I went back through messing around with the enemies. Brought back all the memories of playing it on PS2.

Going into Peace Walker blind later. Never played it, know very little about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Playin' Dragons Crown and Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate on the Vita.

DC seems button mashy as I went for he knight. Standard melee to start with.

Finding it more difficult with PJS to control the ship on the Vita compared to the analogues on PS3 (man hands)

Not getting much PS3 time as 3 football matches a day isn't getting many extra brownie points.

Ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

PS4: Not much right now
    PS3: Borderlanders 2 (just finished Borderlanders)
    Vita: Borderlanders 2 (picked it up today) & Dragons Crown (enjoyable but getting a little repetitive); taking a break from Pixeljunk for a bit

Advertisement