Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatcha' Playin'? (Playstation Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Haven't played much of anything in the past year or so, lost a lot of interest and I suppose gaming has mostly done it for me now at this stage. But spent the other week on Call of Duty 4 and was surprised to find so many people still online, unlike World at War nowadays which has been swamped with hackers ruining games.

Aside from that, I've recently started moving back to older games of the PS2 era - bought and downloaded from the PS Store some PS2 games I haven't played in nearly a decade and have since spent countless hours reliving Motorsiege. :cool: Games like this don't get enough recognition!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Completed Child of Light last night, I have to say its such a fantastic little game :D

Now I dont have a clue what game to move on to but it will be one of the free ones for sure as I want to clear them and get them out of the way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

On the Ps4 in playing alot of The Last Of Us online really liking it. On the vita I'm playing Persona 4 golden haven't put as much time into it as I would have liked but I'm enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Pure Pool PS4, for 7euro cant beat it. Im hooked on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This week

Vita: the walking dead
    Ps4: bound by blood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

PS3: Tomb Raider
    Vita: Sound Shapes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

PSVita: Rogue Legacy for quick games, Metal Gear Solid 2 for the long haul
    PS3: Nothing at the moment, but I think I'll start Final Fantasy XIII and move through the trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Just picked up PS4 on Monday so playing Watch Dogs (came with it).

Though I spent the morning playing War Thunder instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Really gotten back into the Metal Gears

PS3: Metal gear solid 2 + 4 , soon to start playing Peace Walker

Vita : Metal gear solid 2 + 3 + portable ops

Only ever played through 4 once, I don't know why, but what a game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I must get back into mgs 3. Got to the boss in the woods and got stuck so kinda gave up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I must get back into mgs 3. Got to the boss in the woods and got stuck so kinda gave up

Thats the End, save your game during that fight, then quit and advance the date on your console a couple of days, reload and the End will have died of old age . Poor guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PS4: Not a great deal really. Tried out FEZ and Road Not Taken but really not my cup of tea in all honesty.

PS3: Just finished Crysis 3 and playing through Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Have only been playing for a couple of hours but it's far more stealthy than Conviction which is great. Lack of Michael Ironside doing the voice for Sam Fisher is a bit of a let down but sure what can you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tonydude wrote: »
    Thats the End, save your game during that fight, then quit and advance the date on your console a couple of days, reload and the End will have died of old age . Poor guy.

Ah don't do that. The End is one of the greatest boss fights in history.

I'm playing Surgeon Simulator. F*cking hell it's a hard game to play. But at the same time, the game is funnier when it goes wrong and you get frustrated and just start whacking the patient or shoving an alarm clock into his chest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

ps4: nothin
    ps3: Dead Space 1. enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

PS4: Shelved for a while, PS3 backlog to get through(damn you XV sales! :pac: )
    PS3: Fall of Cybertron. Finished Splinter Cell: Blacklist a few days back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Gonna start playing R.U.S.E. soon, got it in the summer sale. Heard it was good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Finally completed Strider, now to move onto Velocity and so far im loving it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Just cleared Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux. What brilliant games! I only played a little of 2033 last gen, but the update they've given it put it on the same graphics engine as Last Light. It's a fairly seamless experience playing both games back to back. Thoroughly enjoyed them... but now I'm itching to go back and play Stalker...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Rediscovered Assassains Creed 4 on PS4. Hopefully gonna finish it at the weekend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have been waiting months for this, but I am about to start The Walking Dead Season II.
    Downloaded episode 5 this morning. :D
    Did not want to play an episode, wait 4 - 6 weeks, play another episode...

Should finish it some time tomorrow I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Just bought a PS3 on the cheap a few days ago, having been an Xbox360 player for a fair few years.
    Mainly just so I could finally play some of the exclusives I'd missed out on.

The first being Journey , which totally lived up to my expecations, so much so that I can't see myself ever being completely done with it.

Also just picked up LittleBigPlanet which is really something else for a game from 2008.
    May be the best €5 i've ever spent!

Looking forward to playing the 2nd :)

Any recommendations on any similar games (aside from thatgamecompany's other two!) would be appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Currently playing Infamous: First Light. Want to get Metro Redux in next before Assasins Creed Unity comes out in Nov. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Just beat The Last of Us and will probably cut into the DLC story pretty soon. Gonna try and sell/trade in soon to get most of the money back again on that.

Gonna play Velocity 2x soon too as well as my Xbox backlog. Once the retail titles start hitting PS Plus, I really don't think I'll be buying many games.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

currently got these games on rotation on my ps4:

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn
    Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition
    Resogun
    The Last Of Us
    Wolfenstein
    Trials Fusion

About to be added: Destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Having been a 360 player since they came out, I got a present of ps 4 a while after it came out. Then this week I bought a ps3 new with destiny as I wanted to play the ps exclusives until ps4 catalog gets up and running.

Ps4: sniper elite 3, tomb raider, last of us but have a few more games sitting there.

Ps3: Really enjoying it :) uncharted 2 with 3 ready to go, resistance 2-3, waiting to start heavy rain, mgs4 and destiny (only played a few minutes of it as going to savour it)

Finished Murdered: Sould Suspect this week.

Rotating between BF4, Velocity and Don't Starve now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Tomb Raider on PS3.

Was finding it ridiculously easy for a while until the part I am at at the moment in the shanty town which is frustrating the life out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Shadow of the Colosus on Colossi 6.

Slow going but a simple game really (so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Ain't been playing anything since Destiny came out tbh ain't nothing else seems interesting atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Any chance i have had to play has been divided between destiny and diablo. In a very 'loot' mood at the moment.

Advertisement