Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beyond belief !!!!

Options
  • 22-05-2014 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

I signed up with Eircom or should I say I thought I signed up with Eircom on the 8th of May only to be told today on the phone that it wasn't actually valid and hadn't been verified yet it was I was on the phone the first time for almost half an hour !
    Also the gentleman the first time took me through the verification process and I confirmed everything.
    And at the end of that I was told I would receive my mobile within a few days (which I did) and that my house phone and broadband would take upto ten working days which is this week.
    as I hadnt received a text or modem I called to find out what the hold up was only to be told its still with the other providers only it hasn't been with them since the first of may as I cancelled it with them and they handed the line to Eircom but Eircom say my contract wasn't properly verified so its going to take another ten days now ! How if it wasn't verified could I receive the mobile and is there any way of it being quicker as the person said that it would be escalated yet said the broadband could take 20 days even with escalation !! Yet when I ordered on the 8th I was told ten days same as the phone for broadband so ho how can it be longer if escalated !!!
    Its just ludicrous

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I signed up with Eircom or should I say I thought I signed up with Eircom on the 8th of May only to be told today on the phone that it wasn't actually valid and hadn't been verified yet it was I was on the phone the first time for almost half an hour !
    Also the gentleman the first time took me through the verification process and I confirmed everything.
    And at the end of that I was told I would receive my mobile within a few days (which I did)  and that my house phone and broadband would take upto ten working days which is this week.
    as I hadnt  received a text or modem I called to find out what the hold up was only to be told its still with the other providers only it hasn't been with them since the first of may as I cancelled it with them and they handed the line to Eircom but Eircom say my contract wasn't properly verified so its going to take another ten days now ! How if it wasn't verified could I receive the mobile and is there any way of it being quicker as the person said that it would be escalated yet said the broadband could take 20 days even with escalation !! Yet when I ordered on the 8th I was told ten days same as the phone for broadband so ho how can it be longer if escalated !!!
    Its just ludicrous
    Hi beyondbelief67

I'm sorry to hear of these issues,

I can confirm that while there may be issues with the landline aspect of the order these issues would have no impact on the mobile order. If you would like to PM me your landline number I will look in to the issues with landline changeover for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Hi I sent you the number in pm thankyou

Hi I sent you the number in pm thankyou
    HI beyondbelief67

Apologies for the delays, I should be back to you with more information later today.

Thank you

Al

Thankyou I look forward to hearing what exactly happened as it definitely went through the verification process the first time with me repeating word for word exactly what the gentleman asked me to say as no forms were sent out it had to be verbally verified on the phone but they say it didn't happen !!!
    Yet yesterday the questions the woman got me to say were a lot less than the man so im hoping it has gone through this time !!!!!

Thankyou I look forward to hearing what exactly happened as it definitely went through the verification process the first time with me repeating word for word exactly what the gentleman asked me to say as no forms were sent out it had to be verbally verified on the phone but they say it didn't happen !!!
    Yet yesterday the questions the woman got me to say were a lot less than the man so im hoping it has gone through this time !!!!!

Hi beyondbelief67

I can see that the first order is stuck in a place of transition and service remain with the other provider for now. I still awaiting clarification on what caused this but as soon as I do have something I will let you know right away.
    Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi thankyou it is very strange and I hope that they can sort it out soon.
    Thank you for your help.

Hi thankyou it is very strange and I hope that they can sort it out soon.
    Thank you for your help.
    Hi beyondbelief67

I hope to have more information on this today - I'll be in touch with as soon as possible

Al

Hi the phone is working now (which is brilliant thank you !) but still no word about the broadband and not received the router/modem for that yet ?
    Could you find out for me if or when they are sending it out please ?

Hi the phone is working now (which is brilliant thank you !) but still no word about the broadband and not received the router/modem for that yet ?
    Could you find out for me if or when they are sending it out please ?
    Hi beyondbelief67

The broadband can take up to between 5 and 10 working days to come back to eircom upon the return of the line itself, the broadband should still work with the other provider for this period though.

Thanks
    Al

Hi I have no broadband as I told the rep on the phone ?
    I cancelled my other provider and it was stopped on the 1st May but I'd not of known as even though I had been with them for 7 weeks it had only worked for 2 weeks !!! They (utv) kept sending eircom engineers out blaming faulty line etc the engineer checked everything repeatedly and finally said after a 3rd call from them just change if you can there's no problem from our end at all they are giving you the run around. So I cancelled them and signed up with yourselves but I have no broadband to keep using till I get yours which is why I'm wondering just how long it will be !

• Advertisement

I forgot to mention utv are adamant they handed the line back to yourselves on the 1st May and when I first signed up on the 8th May with yourselves I was told the broadband would be working 3/5days after the phone so can you tell me why I keep being told different dates ?

I forgot to mention utv are adamant they handed the line back to yourselves on the 1st May and when I first signed up on the 8th May with yourselves I was told the broadband would be working 3/5days after the phone so can you tell me why I keep being told different dates ?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hello beyondbelief67

I have had this looked in to on detail and we can confirm the other provider has not ceased down the line or broadband - although the line has moved to eircom the broadband is active with them still.

There are two ways to deal with this.

1 - contact them and advise them to cease their broadband on your line and when this is done let us know and we can place an eircom broadband order on it.

2 - Place an order with eircom to take over the broadband - this usually takes up to 10 days ( in most cases this is the best thing to do as the broadband is suppose to work with the other provider until takeover by eircom).

If you would like me to call to discuss this let just PM me your mobile number

Thanks
    Al[/font]

I already have put in 2 orders with you for my broadband on the 8th and last week !!! The same day as ordering my phone and the other provider says my line and broadband hasn't been with them since the 1st of May I already contacted them when I was first told by your company that they had the line still but why do I have to reorder from you when I have already done this twice how many times do I have to order to get it !!!

I already have put in 2 orders with you for my broadband on the 8th and last week !!! The same day as ordering my phone and the other provider says my line and broadband hasn't been with them since the 1st of May I already contacted them when I was first told by your company that they had the line still but why do I have to reorder from you when I have already done this twice how many times do I have to order to get it !!!

Hi beyondbelief67

The current position stands that eircom have taken over your line.

UTV did not cancel your service before the takeover. The procedure is that broadband returns from the other provider (UTV) up to between 5 and 10 working days after eircom have taken over your line.

This is the standard procedure of the transfer of service.

It should be the case that UTV provide you with the broadband service (even when eircom have the line) up until the broadband changeover.

I can confirm that the broadband is definitely under ownership by the other provider and until they release this to eircom (which should be between 5 & 10 days from eircom taking the line) we will be unable to give you broadband.

Al

Hi just spoken to win back and apparently an email that should of been sent on the 8th wasn't sent and that's why my broadband hasn't been sorted and he was very apologetic and gave me credit towards my first bill for the trouble.

Hi just spoken to win back and apparently an email that should of been sent on the 8th wasn't sent and that's why my broadband hasn't been sorted and he was very apologetic and gave me credit towards my first bill for the trouble.
    Hi beyondbelief67

Thanks for letting me know

Al

Hi just to say thankyou for your help my broadband is finally on and working since Friday, such a relief to have it back thankyou !

Hi just to say thankyou for your help my broadband is finally on and working since Friday, such a relief to have it back thankyou !

Thanks beyondbelief67

Delighted you had it sorted before the weekend!

Al

Advertisement