Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdrawn fee student account

Options
  • 22-05-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I have a student current account and savings account with BOI.

I get 100e transferred to my savings acc every month, but a few weeks ago I forgot I hadn't got 100e in my current account.

So, I got hit the the 12e overdrawn fee. Pretty ridiculous considering I'm basically paying myself, not another company etc.

This happened a year or two ago and BOI agreed that it shouldn't really happen and refunded me. Not able to make it to the branch for a while - could anyone on here help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi JohnPPP,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

Although there are concessions available on a Student account, there is a charge of €12.70 for an unpaid item such as a standing order or direct debit.

If there were insufficient funds in the account to pay the standing order then this charge will have been applied to your account.

We do not have access to your account here but if you would like to discuss this charge further you can contact your Bank of Ireland branch directly.

Contact details for our branches are available here:

www.bankofireland.com/branches

If you require any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement