Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuit Advice

Options
  • 22-05-2014 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey,

Looking for some advice on my first wetsuit for triathlon. Have more or less narrowed it down to Zone3 Vision or Advance but am open to other suggestions. Have a budget of 250.

Has anyone any experience of these suits and is the Vision worth the extra over the Advance. I would prefer to spend a bit extra now rather than having to upgrade later if needs be.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The Advance is already a very good suit for the price of it. Advice I generally give people is for €195 in the Advance you are getting a good quality starter suit. Swim with it for 2 or 3 seasons. If you need to upgrade (and your swim abilty warrants it) then you jump to a mid level suit like the Aspire which has a higher degree of flexibility and better grade neoprene. You then have your Advance for training and a much better suit for racing which you won't risk getting damaged.

Most people do not see or feel the difference in performance between the Advance and Vision but there is a clear difference going to the Aspire / Vanquish.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SprinterSacre

AKW wrote: »
    The Advance is already a very good suit for the price of it. Advice I generally give people is for €195 in the Advance you are getting a good quality starter suit. Swim with it for 2 or 3 seasons. If you need to upgrade (and your swim abilty warrants it) then you jump to a mid level suit like the Aspire which has a higher degree of flexibility and better grade neoprene. You then have your Advance for training and a much better suit for racing which you won't risk getting damaged.

Most people do not see or feel the difference in performance between the Advance and Vision but there is a clear difference going to the Aspire / Vanquish.

Perfect, just the advice I was looking for.
    Thanks for that.

Advertisement