Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share options into PRSA, tax implications?

Options
  • 22-05-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I have some share options with my current employer. Usually they are exercised in one action e.g. buy/sell.

Right now the share price isn't in the best shape so I'm just thinking about buying at the option price and putting in my PRSA with a view to holding them.

Does anybody know about my tax liability on this? It is worth noting that I will not meet the revenue limit for PRSA contributions given my age.

I would just see the difference between the option price and the current market price as income, and any income that goes into my PRSA account and is within the limits set by revenue, it is not taxable.

Is this correct or is there something else to consider.

Many thanks

Advertisement