Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone lose money near Four Courts?

Options
  • 22-05-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Hi, a friend of mine found a sum of money near the four courts last night on the ground. Slim chance, but did you lose it or know anyone who did?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'd hand it into the Bridewell Garda Station, it's pretty close, possibly the person left details there if it's a sizeable chunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sure tell us how much it is and we'll tell you if we lost it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'd say half the country has lost money at the Four Courts over the years :p

Slightly related ....

I was coming out of Cineworld about a month ago and this bunch of foreign kids ask myself and my missus did we loose €50. I was like "why thank you my good man, we were looking for that all over town" YOINK !!! :pac:

Still can't believe it to this day :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

KTRIC wrote: »
    Slightly related ....

I was coming out of Cineworld about a month ago and this bunch of foreign kids ask myself and my missus did we loose €50. I was like "why thank you my good man, we were looking for that all over town" YOINK !!! :pac:

Still can't believe it to this day :P

Was it your €50 though?? Pretty scummy if it wasn't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I'd hand it into the Bridewell Garda Station, it's pretty close, possibly the person left details there if it's a sizeable chunk

Don't hand it into a garda station - they will just hold onto themselves if nobody is looking for it.

You can call the garda station and tell them you found it and leave your contact details in case someone comes looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

If its a sum of cash im going with drug money so i say keep it and have a session!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MRG77

Put it in the poor box. Someone´s misfortune is somebody else´s good fortune. At the end of the day you´ll be no worse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

MRG77 wrote: »
    Put it in the poor box. Someone´s misfortune is somebody else´s good fortune. At the end of the day you´ll be no worse off.

Why any it be the OP's good fortune? Screw that OP, keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

but1er wrote: »
    If its a sum of cash im going with drug money so i say keep it and have a session!

So you are saying to buy drugs with the drug money?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

I think your question was answered by the word YOINK

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Am I wrong in thinking that if you hand it into the police you get it back if nobody's claimed it within a year and a day?

Ah lay off would ya, I'll give you the €50 to go get your back massaged, I heard it's awful tiring sitting on a high horse all day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

MRG77 wrote: »

Do this if you're happy to pay the charity business's wages

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Am I wrong in thinking that if you hand it into the police you get it back if nobody's claimed it within a year and a day?

Yep, a year and a day is the period after which the person who found the lost property gets to keep it. I'm not sure if it covers cash though, more than likelly it does I'd imagine.

Advertisement