Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Urgent" Money transfer - BOI

Options
  • 22-05-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Needed money transferred from my BOI account to an AIB account within the same day. Was told an express or urgent request would allow for this.

Handed in the express form with the 25 euro fee into my branch this morning well before the 12pm cut off time for same day transfer. 

Problem is the money is still in my account, I would of thought at least by now the money would of been taken out for processing at this stage. 

Anyone ever do one of these before and shed some light on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi username?!, 

Thanks for posting. 

The charge you mention is for €25.35 and is for an SDMT - (Same Day Money Transfer) which is an urgent transfer. These instructions are processed regularly throughout the day and the beneficiary bank will have value of the funds by end of business on the same day.

Thanks

Billy 

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Hi username?!, 

Thanks for posting. 

The charge you mention is for €25.35 and is for an SDMT - (Same Day Money Transfer) which is an urgent transfer. These instructions are processed regularly throughout the day and the beneficiary bank will have value of the funds by end of business on the same day.

Thanks

Billy 
    Thanks,

But that hasn't really answered my question. If it's not done by 12 will it still be able to be transferred for close of business? 

Money is still in my account. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi username?!, 

With an SDMT, provided that we receive the instruction prior to the cut-off time, the transfer will be with the receiving bank on the same day.

Your account will be updated accordingly.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement