Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set direct debit date

Options
  • 22-05-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'd like to switch to Electric Ireland but is it possible to set my direct debit payment to come out on the first week of the month. If so how do I arrange that when switching online?

What week of the month are DD payments usually taken?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Sara,

Unfortunately we cannot accommodate this, as bills are issued according to when meters are read by ESB Networks and Bord Gáis Networks (any scheduled bills that are estimated would be issued at the same time).

Bills are issued every two months (sometimes it can be slightly more or slightly less, but the average is every two months) and are due for full payment two weeks from the date of issue. The dates of a billing cycle depend on when the meters are read in that locality.

Having direct debit entitles a customer who switches to Electric Ireland, to a discount of 13%. A further discount of 2% can be applied if the customer registers for online billing.
    Having both electricity and gas with direct debit entitles the customer to 10% off each fuel, and again, a further 2% off each fuel for having online billing.

Do let us know if you require further info/assistance.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement