Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Fair Usage Policy

Options
  • 22-05-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hey, So I'm on Three and Love the unlimited data plan on prepay.

Just wondering, because when I check my balance it says I have around 2,000,000 mb/s remaining, which is 2,000 GB of Internet Data each month.

At what point do they cut you off or warn you? Because I've used almost 20GB this month. Just curious as 2,000GB is a lot!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

FUP is 15GB.

They don't cut you off after that but may throttle your speed

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭i124Q

Davy wrote: »
    FUP is 15GB.

They don't cut you off after that but may throttle your speed

Ok thanks. So can they cut off my 4G for example? And why dont they just disconnect anyone who goes over 15GB?
    And why does the limit say 2,000GB instead of 15GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

No fair usage policy their official terms state if you use over 15 Gb in a month and your usage affects other users around you they reserve the right to 'restrict' your usage I'm not sure what they mean by restrict though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Richie6904 wrote: »
    No fair usage policy their official terms state if you use over 15 Gb in a month and your usage affects other users around you they reserve the right to 'restrict' your usage I'm not sure what they mean by restrict though

Restrict = throttle

Advertisement