If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall Mounted Wireless Speaker

Options
  • 22-05-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I am looking for a speaker to mount on the wall in the kitchen. It also needs to be wireless to connect to various phones and laptops.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ro 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ro1452 wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking for a speaker to mount on the wall in the kitchen. It also needs to be wireless to connect to various phones and laptops.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ro 
    Ro,

now thats a bit of a tall order - do you even have power on the wall or does it have to be battery operated?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ro1452

Hi

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ro 
    Ro,

now thats a bit of a tall order - do you even have power on the wall or does it have to be battery operated?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi - thanks for the reply 

Yes I have power. 

There is a socket on the skirting board and conduit behind the plaster board to the point where I would like to mount the speakers so the power cable can be hidden.

I didn't expect it to be so hard to find something that would work! Do you have anything that will tick the boxes?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ro 
    Ro,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi - thanks for the reply 

Yes I have power. 

There is a socket on the skirting board and conduit behind the plaster board to the point where I would like to mount the speakers so the power cable can be hidden.

I didn't expect it to be so hard to find something that would work! Do you have anything that will tick the boxes?
    Thanks again,

the obvious candidate is the Sonos Play One which you can wall mount with a dedicated bracket and its just £189.95 for the speaker including the bracket - you would need a BR100 bridge as well which would bump up the price a little, but the one BR100 will be good for all your sonos if you decide to expand your system.

The Sonos will work with IOS Apple and Android and the new app is excellent..

We also have the Samsung WAM550, which is a bit of a different beast - its Bluetooth, NFC AND Wifi and its part of a complete system including soundbars etc that you can build into a multi room system... its excellent value at just £229.95 but stock is really tight at the moment..
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/multi-room-components/samsung/wam550/sams-wam550-xu

Other than that we have very few options - there are countless decent wireless options, but very few that will allow you to wall mount which is bonkers!

Hopefully some of the suggestions above will be okay but if not drop us a line again and I'll renew the hunt..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

legrand wrote: »
    Unfortunately the Pure JONGO S3 has now been discontinued with ourselves with no more stock arriving.
    Its now listed on our website as "LAST FEW TO CLEAR" (We are totally our of stock)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-docks,-speakers-and-portables/pure/jongo-s3/pure-jongo-s3-blk-bk

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.