Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I like beavers..who doesnt

• 22-05-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

would a beaver reintroduction programme work here? if so where? I was thining ballycroy national park

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭axe2grind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'll not repeat what I said on the thread axe2grind linked to but would add: where is the mature wet wood in Ballycroy? It's blanket bog and mountain terrain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Capercaille

Under ICUN guidelines one of the main prerequisites for introducing species is that the species had to be native to that area. AFAIK beavers are not native to Ireland, so therefore they should not be introduced. Beavers can survive in suboptimal habitat, I've seen beaver dams in drainage dykes on agricultural land with local forestry. ICUN guidelines were used for our Eagle and Kite reintroductions.

Advertisement