Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Route blocked this morning due to accident the tail backs a disgrace

Options
  • 22-05-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Who else got stuck on the N25 this morning, I was there over an hour and never once saw a garda in this day and age why isn't there traffic plans in place for these type of incidents. The gardai should have been directing traffic on alternative routes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I guess you are right but I'm sure there is a reason why they didnt do it? maybe lack of space or something?
    according to the radio there was guards on scene but wasnt there, so couldn't tell

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Talk to Joe/Neil?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Did someone call the Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

They were funnelling people into the hard shoulder to use the Little Island to Glounthune flyerover but they didn't close the road completley at the end so people were coming back out and heading into Cork via the carriageway anyway.
    Besides that, whenever they have cones out for any reason to funnel traffic into a single lane, the biggest delays are caused by people staying in the lane to be closed right up until the end, where they throw on an indicator and the traffic has to slow to let them in. If everyone moved into the relevant lane at the start, traffic would flow a lot better in these scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Happens on the M50 all the time but I've yet to see any advance warning when it does. AGS and the NRA/Council/whoever manages this road are quite happy to let the traffic tail back it seems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement