Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance refund?

• 22-05-2014 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know how much I should get back after canceling my insurance?
    I paid liberty €243 just under 3 months ago.

I went to get insurance on an MV Mastiff today and they want an extra €230 for it on top of the €243 I paid for my ZZR.
    They can f@ck right off, Adeleide done both bikes for €290.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

http://www.libertyinsurance.ie/documents/policydocs/GEIQMB_policy.pdf

Page 6 here.. depending on the exact date you would be due a 60 or 50% refund minus an administration fee of €50. So if you get the 50% refund, after the admin fee you could be getting just €70 back. That means you will have paid €170 for 3/4 months insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

All insurance policies have a €40 charge for the government which is not refundable. There is also the 1% we all pay for sean quimms **** ups...... take the rest and split it into 12 to get your monthly figure. They will probably give you back 9 months less an administration fee, normally €40-€50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Vikings wrote: »
    http://www.libertyinsurance.ie/documents/policydocs/GEIQMB_policy.pdf

Page 6 here.. depending on the exact date you would be due a 60 or 50% refund minus an administration fee of €50. So if you get the 50% refund, after the admin fee you could be getting just €70 back. That means you will have paid €170 for 3/4 months insurance.

Thank Vikings, that exactly what I wanted to know.
    It was the 1st of March.

It also means I get 70 back, take that off the 290 I paid Adeleide.
    So I get the 2 bikes insured for a tenner less than Liberty wanted for just the Mastiff. Ching Ching! The glass is always half full with me..:pac:

Got a letter from Liberty saying a refund of €146.22 is due to me.
    Does that mean, including the admin fees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

If it doens't include the admin fee that would be about the figure mentioned earlier in the thread! if not, 50 quids worth of beer!

• Advertisement

Got the whole €146.22 back.
    Not sure how they worked that out but I'll take it!

Advertisement