Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working at Voxpro Cork: it's still a bad place to work for?

Options
  • 22-05-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,
    I have received a job offer from Voxpro call-centre in Cork supporting Google Apps. I have read some past reviews on boards.ie about Voxpro and they were all rating badly this employer. Those reviews were 1-2 years old, I wonder if something has changed in the meanwhile. Anyone having experience of working with Voxpro recently? What could you suggest me? They said me the contract is 6 month with the possibility to be extended, the salary being 23K, and the shifts starting from 5 a.m. I've read such bad reviews about Voxpro on glassdoor website too, I just wonder if something has changed in the meanwhile. Anyone who can share his/her own experience with me? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

tis grand boy a pure doss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

It a dose of a job. Revolving door for employees. 80% of the people I worked with there have left including myself

• Registered Users Posts: 28 flavy

It a dose of a job. Revolving door for employees. 80% of the people I worked with there have left including myself

Thanks for your feedback Thomas. Could you tell me something more? Did you leave spontaneously or did they fire you? Did you work for Voxpro recently or years ago? What did you notice wrong in that company? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's the career equivalent of being a battery hen.

flavy wrote: »
    Thanks for your feedback Thomas. Could you tell me something more? Did you leave spontaneously or did they fire you? Did you work for Voxpro recently or years ago? What did you notice wrong in that company? Thanks

I left for another job. It was about 2 years ago. Still have friends in there who I talk to and they say it hasnt changed. There were a lot of things like, not being able to book time off, people calling in sick so you would be on the early shift practically on your own manning the phones, changing the requirements for the bonus scheme making it nearly impossible to get, getting shafted with DSATs that werent your fault. The list goes on.

By the way you sound like someone who is currently working there and are just fishing for info.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

ive heard good things and bad things.

Hope this helps.

I left for another job. It was about 2 years ago. Still have friends in there who I talk to and they say it hasnt changed. There were a lot of things like, not being able to book time off, people calling in sick so you would be on the early shift practically on your own manning the phones, changing the requirements for the bonus scheme making it nearly impossible to get, getting shafted with DSATs that werent your fault. The list goes on.

By the way you sound like someone who is currently working there and are just fishing for info.

No, I don't live in Ireland, I live in France and I was offered the bilingual french-english position for the Google Apps team in Voxpro. I don't know whether to accept or not, but after reading such bad reviews about Voxpro, I am really disgusted and I don't think I will accept

It's the career equivalent of being a battery hen.

Ok. But you're talking about call centers in general or about Voxpro in particular?

No, I don't live in Ireland, I live in France and I was offered the bilingual french-english position for the Google Apps team in Voxpro. I don't know whether to accept or not, but after reading such bad reviews about Voxpro, I am really disgusted and I don't think I will accept

23k seems low for the bilingual team, pretty sure they were getting 26k when I was there.

23k seems low for the bilingual team, pretty sure they were getting 26k when I was there.

It's only 23K. Then, they said me that if I stay minimum 6 months with them, they give me a bonus of 1500 eur but if I leave I have to give them back the bonus.

• Advertisement

It's only 23K. Then, they said me that if I stay minimum 6 months with them, they give me a bonus of 1500 eur but if I leave I have to give them back the bonus.

With the way things were when I was in there, the whole 6 month thing is nonsense. If you are capable of doing the job they'll keep you on

With the way things were when I was in there, the whole 6 month thing is nonsense. If you are capable of doing the job they'll keep you on

they also said me they give me a relocation package (1 week accomodation) but I have to give it back if I leave the job before 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Heard from someone who worked there it was a disaster of a place. He left not having another job to go to it was that bad

Milly33 wrote: »
    Heard from someone who worked there it was a disaster of a place. He left not having another job to go to it was that bad

There lots of bad reviews around...I think I won't accept their offer...even if i'm unemployed and I have no other place to go...I'll wait for another opportunity in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Might be safer. I was surprised they got such great publicity when they expanded or was it an award or something they won recently shame on them.. Best of luck finding soemthing

Milly33 wrote: »
    Might be safer. I was surprised they got such great publicity when they expanded or was it an award or something they won recently shame on them.. Best of luck finding soemthing

Thanks Milly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Ok. But you're talking about call centers in general or about Voxpro in particular?

In general they are crappy places to work in. Mate of mine works in one and hates it with a vengeance. Dealing with general public a-holes and treated like sh!t by your overlords. I'd rather be covered in gravy and presented to a grizzly bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mglc021

Have a look here, some recent enough reviews about Voxpro:

w w w . glassdoor . com/Reviews/Voxpro-Communications-Reviews-E597988.htm

mglc021 wrote: »
    Have a look here, some recent enough reviews about Voxpro:

w w w . glassdoor . com/Reviews/Voxpro-Communications-Reviews-E597988.htm

Thanks. Some very negative reviews on glassdoor too.

In general they are crappy places to work in. Mate of mine works in one and hates it with a vengeance. Dealing with general public a-holes and treated like sh!t by your overlords. I'd rather be covered in gravy and presented to a grizzly bear.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, where I live there are no other job opportunity for young people like me. I have a bachelor degree but have been unemployed for very long time. No future around me. Call centers seem to be the only thing you can find today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement