Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Craig Bellamy Retires

• 22-05-2014 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just off the press he has retired.

A thoroughly entertaining player and colourful character. He was excellent for City and Liverpool in his later years.

A devout charity man too.

Wish him all the best.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Horrible bugger on the pitch, seems like a complete hero off it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Always thought him a rather unsavoury character on the field, a proper WuM.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Passionate to the core and never found lacking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Great player, feel bad his final season didn't see Cardiff stay up but not a lot he could have done there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Gives him more time to spend on the golf course now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd say him and Jimmy Bullard would be some craic to out for a few pints with.

Love Bellamy.

I wish him well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Always loved him at Newcastle.

Was gutted to see that whole thing with Soumess go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

One of my favourite players, sad to see him retire. His books a great read, for anyone who hasnt read it yet id advise getting it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Golfers watch out... he'll have more time to spend on the course now!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

pa-4415448.jpg

Not everyone's cup of tea, but you had to admire his passion. Always wished he had played more under Rafa and Kenny, more so centrally too instead of being played out wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Loved him at West Ham he was never replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Loved him. The kind of player that every team wants and every team he plays against hates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

A bit of a hero alright. He was at here in Donegal with Celtic for McNamaras testimonial the time he sent Shearer the infamous text message. He sat up all night drinking when he got here in the hotel, played a few holes of golf the next day and had to stop. Was put to bed twice that evening in the dinner dance and didn't change for three days.

Source: I was working in the hotel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

His performance against City in the semi final of the carling cup was one of the best i have seen in red shirt. Hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I like Craig, all the best to him. His autobiography is one of the best footballers books I have ever read too, cracking read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

This is the most honest interview you will ever see. Sums up our craig:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

He was a legend. Brutally honest man and very entertaining. He'll be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

One of my favourite players. Jaysus he had moments during the 2011 / 12 season for Liverpool that made you desperately wish he was five years younger. Always gave 100% on the pitch even if his preparation off it throughout his career may have been lacking at times.

An extremely admirable character off the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

' I was determined to play against Chelsea. I had to play. I needed to play to help with my grief, to do something to try to escape what had happened.

I've been there: Dalglish was all too familiar with Bellamy's heartache

There was a minute’s applause for Speedo before the game.

I stood in the line with the rest of the Liverpool players. I felt okay.

The Liverpool fans started singing his name.

It was real to me then and I started crying.

I’m a man’s man. I’m not supposed to cry.

I didn’t like Chelsea fans. I didn’t want to cry in front of them. But I couldn’t help it.

The Chelsea supporters didn’t sing his name, but I don’t expect that.

They’re not my cup of tea. They’re not the type of fans I’d want to play for.

‘I’m going to play f****** well tonight,’ I thought.

And Chelsea couldn’t get near me. It was one of the best games I have ever played. We won 2-0 and I set up both goals.'

Craig Bellamy.

• Technically he was good player and he was very commited but I think he was mad in the head at times.
    He punched De Guzman in the back of the head this year, think he attacked a fan aswell a couple of years back. A bit of a nutter but a good player all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Bellamy it'll be sad to see him go. One of the great characters of modern football. Probably the funniest goal celebration ever too. Must check out his book if this thread is anything to go by.

Advertisement