Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AIRSOFT Question :: Style play fitting rifle (+ includes example of map,etc)

• 22-05-2014 5:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hello,

May you please suggest some good guns for the style below, I have had airsoft guns (G36,M14,SR4) for a year but have only played them with my friend in the garden. I have never played on a Airsoft site before, only Paintball.

Would you please recommend what would a fun and style suited airsoft gun for the style play below:

Player:
    - Moving forward, team supporter
    - Mainly following the objective. E.G: CTF, playing with another person, so either I myself or someone else or a part of the team, we would go together and focus on getting the flag, but while doing that, in a different direction (cross fire?)

- Lets say 80% of the our team is behind and not moving up/etc. And there's a guy that's being pinned down/in a bad situation/taking fire from the other team, I would move in to his position and give him aid (so by keeping him alive. if he was in a situation to where he could not do anything or was really in a bad position/taking heavy fire80% even, I would focus my attention on taking the heat off him (protecting him from the harm).

E.G:
    MAP:
    --- = border
    [""] = boxes,rocks,etc,big items that provide cover if sitting down example
    :: = tree,bushes
    teams:: team 1 --- team 2(our team)

----
    team 1(winning so far) [NORTH ^]

[""] [""] [""]

[""] [""] [""] [""]

------(below is all our team. above is other team

[
    [""] [""] [""] [""] [X]<- I see that the guy is taking heavy fire and down in a retreating/protective position from being shot I move in to him and give all the support I can to keep him alive, then even teaming up and seeing how we can TAKE BACK our terrain and move forward taking the other team out. while our team 80% still are just firing and don't really know or have a forward idea on how they can advance, we will try to sneak around by moving forward and try to take some of the other team out, and then clearing the way for our team that hopefully will move forward.
    [Y]^guy from our team. being pinned down(taking heavy fire from all areas coming in,

[""] [""] [""]
    85% of our team is here.
    team 2(our team)

----

NOT: Not just in the same location with a heavy airsoft gun and firing or waiting for the person and then firing at them.

YES: As in, always moving , escaping: Lets say I'm pinned down in a position behind some bushes, instead of just camping there and facing out towards the other team person firing, I would escape by crawling along the bushes to survive (without him noticing), and then once I'm in a position to get up and run straight away to avoid being shot .

NOT: not Waiting and camping in a postion and firing at the other team/person waiting for them to move. (THE OTHER way around), So playing as in always moving and continuing, like go go go.

- Strong team player
    - NOT a leader (not a leader what so ever. just not me and can't lead and don't want to lead).
    -> as a player I would be asking or discussing what we would/can do next and then doing it, so thinking ahead and getting ready and everything. working with the team by coming up with the ideas and then doing. but NOT what so ever as in giving orders,leading,etc <- not what so ever 0.00%. but as in working together lets say with another team guy and asking and discussing how we can move next, what's our next movement, mission,etc.

- even by just going all over the place, BUT at the same time focusing on moving forward, helping the team/player . -> moving forward, etc. all good,etc.

Overall: -> Moving up, moving fast, zip zaging, always going somewhere , helping others from being hit by pellet , working with the team or guys by using how we think and how we can win this match.

Note: I am not competitive what so ever, I don't mind if I loose all the matches. its not about winning the match. but as a player how i can use the brain and body to have a good time and making it more fun for others and or whatever i can do overall so everything is going fun,smooth and generally like,.

So overall as a player just very active, as in always moving, from one side of the map to the other, always going, moving forward, by surviving(from being hit by the pellet) by focusing on the moment and how to get out alive(WITHOUT firing), but as just move slowly to avoid being hit by the pellet, and get out of that position alive as quick as can (without focusing on moving forward. so of course the main thing is moving forward, BUT if I'm in a position where I'm suddenly pinned down by fire/high noticeable then focusing OFF from moving forward, getting out alive (and only alive), and then returning to moving forward. but acting fast and moving fast ziz zag,etc,etc,etc.

Airsoft gun ideas?:
    May you please please suggest what would be fun airsoft guns for the style of playing above?. Would a UMP45 be fun for example?

thank you very very much :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MQ10

First go to an airsoft skirmish, rent a gun. See if you like airsofting. Don't go buy an expensive gun and then go to a skirmish and hate/dislike the sport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Timmehhh

MQ10 wrote: »
    First go to an airsoft skirmish, rent a gun. See if you like airsofting. Don't go buy an expensive gun and then go to a skirmish and hate/dislike the sport.
    Hello there MQ10,

I will try to reformulate my words again for you,
    What I was saying is I have been playing Airsoft for a year, BUT have never been at a official site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Limerick has two sites, LAC which is outdoor and there is one at a karting place, it might be getting renovated though.

From what I've heard around, clare might have one, maybe two airsoft sites outdoors. (Searching facebook might bring them up)

Those are some options for airsoft sites that you should be able to visit if you want to.

Also, I saw you mention zig zag running, or serpentine pattern. I wouldn't do that.

Exhibit A:

http://youtu.be/bdaQHTWT_ZI?t=1m

Run fast in a straight line over uneven terrain and you have a chance of not getting shot if they don't know how to lead a target. Serpentine is slow and easy to intercept.

If you can't move fast, stick to shooting from cover. Had a guy last weekend try to run and avoid getting shot. He ran in a straight line but he ran slow. Pumped half a mid cap into him, he didn't take it and a team mate of his shot me from afar while I was distracted by him. Had I been using full auto or there was more of us shooting he would have been in for a lot of pain.

Advertisement