Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a Mouse

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Merged with the previous thread.

You will struggle to get a good gaming mouse for €20. I'd say you'd need to stretch that to at least €50 to get anything other than a bog standard Microsoft mouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Kiith wrote: »
    Merged with the previous thread.

You will struggle to get a good gaming mouse for €20. I'd say you'd need to stretch that to at least €50 to get anything other than a bog standard Microsoft mouse.
    Pc world have a razer brand mouse for 45..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

PC World also do a Roccat Kova+ for €40 but it's pretty small from what I've heard. I'd really try and add a few quid to your budget as already suggested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I got the previous version of this. Use it in work and at home. Decent, though i dont play twitch reaction shooters normally. Large enough for my hands too which is a plus

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Driver-Update-Perixx-MX-2000IIB-Programmable/dp/B0083H4NG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414692306&sr=8-1&keywords=perixx+mouse

41424nL3fZL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 SimplyBlue

Oak76 wrote: »
    PC World also do a Roccat Kova+ for €40 but it's pretty small from what I've heard. I'd really try and add a few quid to your budget as already suggested.

I actually bought this without knowing it was the one you said, it's not really small and probably the same size maybe bigger than my previous mouse.

The 16 or so keybinds are handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

By far and away my current favorite hyperion fury I have tested a hell of a lot of mice and this one just fits the bill for comfort and performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

SimplyBlue wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a good gaming mouse for around 20e?

http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/USB/60174/Sharkoon+Drakonia+Gaming+Laser+Mouse.article

ive been using one for the last year,
    actually really good for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

You can have the one (four legged kind) in my attic for free. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I got the previous version of this. Use it in work and at home. Decent, though i dont play twitch reaction shooters normally. Large enough for my hands too which is a plus

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Driver-Update-Perixx-MX-2000IIB-Programmable/dp/B0083H4NG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414692306&sr=8-1&keywords=perixx+mouse

41424nL3fZL.jpg
    Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/USB/60174/Sharkoon+Drakonia+Gaming+Laser+Mouse.article

ive been using one for the last year,
    actually really good for the price.

These are the same mouse, i ended up paying an extra €2 at the time for the perixx just to get a plain black one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I've bee using a Razer Naga Molten for the past 2 years. Brilliant mouse. Never had any issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Logitech get great reviews I have a €15 one and it's served me well for many years. I've heard nothing but good things about there gaming range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

New mouse time :)

Amazon had a deal on the Logitech G402 hyperion fury, 60% off.. couldn't resist for 20quid in sterling.

deal here if you're interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Picked up a G700s there and have been putting it through its paces the last week. Fantastic mouse, with the exception of the mouse wheel which is a little finicky; sometimes it's too sensitive, other times not sensitive enough. Just seems a little unpredictable or something. In terms of responsiveness and accuracy though, I couldn't fault the mouse itself. And being able to seamlessly switch from wired to wireless is great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The Final Mouse, by far the best ive used and ive used too many :)

http://www.finalmouse.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

G502 is my current mouse, excellent really.

Almost, almost as good as the MX518.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

dreamers75 wrote: »
    G502 is my current mouse, excellent really.

Almost, almost as good as the MX518.

Which was almost as good as the MX 510 ;)

Using the G502 happily for a while now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Still using MX518 here. Have to really applaud Logitech for their quality. It must be 12 years old by now.

yeah that mx 518 was ultra durable, i'd had mine for ages before the guide cushions wore down to the plastic, it still works reasonably well though.

Logitech are reliable brand for mice with me

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

New mouse time :)

Amazon had a deal on the Logitech G402 hyperion fury, 60% off.. couldn't resist for 20quid in sterling.

deal here if you're interested

Bought it myself during the week....Haven't had a decent mouse in nearly a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I've seen some third-party replacement teflon pads for MX518 range mice on Amazon
    if anyone is experiencing ones that have worn down.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corepad-CS28180-Skatez-Replacement-Logitech/dp/B0076EAKDU/
    :)

• Advertisement

Just out of curiosity i searched for the MX518 on amazon, it's going for 6 times what i paid for mine lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Just out of curiosity i searched for the MX518 on amazon, it's going for 6 times what i paid for mine lol

Yeah, that's probably some third party seller trying to cash in on the name, as the MX518 is no longer manufactured.

I believe the Logitech G402 would be the spiritual successor to the MX518, although I notice there are several different types of G402.
    The £20 G402 Hyperion Fury is a best-seller on Amazon, but the is another G402 version that sells for £40 on there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Had the mx 518 for years and thought nothing could come close.Once I tried the final mouse I couldn't go back the 518 felt so slow and unresponsive by comparison, I couldn't believe the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dcully wrote: »
    Had the mx 518 for years and thought nothing could come close.Once I tried the final mouse I couldn't go back the 518 felt so slow and unresponsive by comparison, I couldn't believe the difference.

The 502 Proteus Core is a modernised version of it, it looks ridiculous but has the same feel and better stuff.

I still have a working 518, its totes going on ebay as the young lad loves the 502 to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

Dcully wrote: »

I worry about something called The Final Mouse that then adds 'First Edition' :D

Advertisement