Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer transfer market 2014 - How will it affect your players???

Options
  • 22-05-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

With the season over and the transfer window opening what do people think (hope) will happen to their players over the summer......

Iturbe - Just read a link that Real Madrid are showing interest, Personally I hope he stays at Porto as he will not be given a chance..... i.e. Isco.....

Santon - STRONG reports that he will leave Newcastle, with a move to Roma or AC Milan being banded about

Tielesmans - The usual talk of Man U and all that nonsense, but I hope he stays put as he is growing quite well at Anderlecht....

Nainggolan I'd be surprised if Roma did not come in and sign him permanently... He's done well

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Well your first hope is out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Elekson - Being tracked by Inter & Napoli after getting 35 goals in 39 games this season in China.

Marchesin - Has had a great season for Lanus, and has been linked with a move to Europe a couple of times now. Still quite young fo a keeper (26)

Gueye - Has been linked with Arsenal all season, could potentially move over the summer

Cabellero - Linked with a range of European teams

I think they are the most likely to get a move that would result in a ratings boost in my squad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hoping for Hernandez to get a move to a decent squad who'll make him their main striker. A move to At Madrid as a replacement for Costa would be a perfect scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Dani alves-likely to leave barca might see a rating drop?

Draxler-on the move one week staying put in schalke the next? Who knows but hopefully a big club and I see a 91 soon.

Fabregas- linked with arsenal/man united who knows but should stay 95 no matter where he goes

James rodriguez-word of madrid a while back but prob not hes just got his bump to 91 anyway.

Di maria-had a monster season and been linked with man united and arsenal to name a few. Deserves a bump to 94 no matter where he is next season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Japan striker Yuya Osako has joined newly-promoted Bundesliga side Cologne.
    - Sky Sports

I was only thinking of selling him on and was looking up this morning what he'd been up to. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Seen Gabbiadini is now linked with Inter......

Would be typical after I sell him sure!

My 'lil Ozzie' Taggart made his way to Fulham!

Also, Coman linked with Juve....

But, the big one for me this window is where Iturbe ends up! Just hope (as seems to be the norm with SM) a big more is accompanied by a quick ratings boost!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ever since I took over Schalke I've been sweating on the future of Julio Cesar. While it's great to have a 91 rated keeper, it's obviously only a matter of time until he declines. However, a permanent move to Toronto will make that decline happen sooner rather than later. I'm hoping that, with QPR back in the Premier League, Cesar will be back between the sticks in London. I fear my hope may be grossly misplaced though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Redknapp doesn't rate him for whatever reason, your best hope is that he moves to Spain or Italy or at least back to Brazil.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Seaneh wrote: »
    Redknapp doesn't rate him for whatever reason, your best hope is that he moves to Spain or Italy or at least back to Brazil.

Yeah, I reckon it's because he's on a ridiculously high wage. Sure didn't Mark Hughes just come in, sign everyone up, and give them nice lucrative contracts. Bosingwa is the prime example!

In fact, I'm sure Hughes did the very same at Man City, albeit he was in charge there before the owners came in. He still handed lucrative deals to the likes of Santa Cruz, after which, City found it difficult to shift him before the end of his contract. A loan move to Malaga (I think!) was all they could muster.

But yeah, that was one of the first things that Harry said when he took over. That there were too many players at the club just wanting to collect they're large pay check every week/month and feck off!! (Again, this was largely aimed at Bosingwa :D).

• Advertisement

Few updates regarding my players and this window (others feel free to post your players and related roomers!)

K Coman, off to Juve... That one is done

Tello - close to Porto move, really hope that one comes off

Iturbe - still waiting on Juve/AC but expecting this one to go through in a few days, my own preference would be Milan as he would have a better shot at some first team action

Still no movement on Nainggolan to Roma (permanent) and another one I spotted was Juve looking at Oblak as long term successor to Buffon, not holding out much hope on that one though!

Well Nacho won't be going anywhere any time soon.....

Reports of a New SIX year deal, signed!,

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Deandre yedlin - liverpool handing him a 'trial' in the summer, seriously if a lad shines in the world cup I don't think he needs to prove himself by going on a trial. That numpty Flanagan should be put on a trial. Anyway it looks like Roma have secured him.

John Antony brooks - another American that is being linked to newcastle,swansea and Tottenham as well as other European clubs but he has said he wants to play in the premier league

Diego poyet - he was saying on Twitter he's going to west ham

Jonathan Rodriguez - has just completed move to braga

Teixeira dionathan - just signed for stoke

Could be good news for the gov (and me!!)

Bernat to Bayern (think that's done) might see Contento leave the club to get some playing time!!!!!

Could work out well in terms of ratings for both of us, obviously better the the Gov!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Could be good news for the gov (and me!!)

Bernat to Bayern (think that's done) might see Contento leave the club to get some playing time!!!!!

Could work out well in terms of ratings for both of us, obviously better the the Gov!!!

Dodo seems to be off to Inter Milan.
    May or may not effect you.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Dodo seems to be off to Inter Milan.
    May or may not effect you.

Good move if Cole signs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've 5 teams and I haven't kept an eye on any really :o

Was happy with the Can deal at the time but less so now with Suarez off to Barca, I can see Liverpool slipping back to fighting for CL instead of the title without him

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I've 5 teams and I haven't kept an eye on any really :o

Was happy with the Can deal at the time but less so now with Suarez off to Barca, I can see Liverpool slipping back to fighting for CL instead of the title without him

It depends on what they spend the Suarez proceeds on. Sure Suarez himself only cost Liverpool about half of what they paid for Andy Carroll!!

There is some seriousness in that though which is that they picked up Suarez for what was to eventually be a bargain. If they can do that again they'll be laughing yet again.

Aye, better to be looking at a star than trying to find one IMO. It could be another Bale/Spurs job. Spend all the money but in reality, at least this season, get nothing for it!

Oblak to Altetico seems to be a go! Apparently he is the man to replace Courtiois! Good news for me!!! Also Athletico showing interert in Iturbe!

Both of those to Atleti would make me happy indeed!

• Advertisement

Jonathon Dos Santos off to Villareal..

Again, quite happy with that as game time could eventually got him a ratings increase!

Manduzic to AM on a four year deal

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Manduzic to AM on a four year deal

He's perfect for them, he should get a bag full of goals

Also Athletico showing interest in Iturbe!

Iturbe is off to Roma for €30 Million.
    That seems like a lot of money.. Is he co owned or something?

Either Way Roma was probably the best place for him. The way they are with players they'll turn him into a beast.

Iturbe is off to Roma for €30 Million.
    That seems like a lot of money.. Is he co owned or something?

Either Way Roma was probably the best place for him. The way they are with players they'll turn him into a beast.

Confirmed?

Last I heard, Roma were at least 3rd in the que, Juve were first (though I'm guessing Conte leaving puts that deal on ice) with Atletico Madrid second...

I know Roma and AC were both showing interest...

Where did you see he's off to Roma?

EDIT:
    http://www.football-italia.net/52159/report-roma-secure-iturbe-deal

If that is what your referring to, I would not read too much into that, he has apparently been signed by at least 3 clubs in the last few weeks.....

Oh to answer your question, he is sort of co-owned, there is a third party that owns a 10% stake in him, hence why it is taking so long, the third party either wants his cut of the full 30mil or else he wants to keep his 10% and Iturbe can go for a lower fee.....

Hopefully this gets sorted in the next few days though

Oh, and 30mil will end up being a bargain, not too many knocking about like this fella!!!!!!

Di Marzio is reporting that either the deal is done or is close to being so.

He usually pretty spot on with most of his rumours.

Di Marzio is reporting that either the deal is done or is close to being so.

He usually pretty spot on with most of his rumours.

Excellent!!!

Well happy with Roma, my team in Italy!!!!! ;)

Tello to Porto on a 2 year loan with option to buy, done

Pretty happy with that as he should get into that team on a regular basis and show how good he is when he hits a bit of form!

Pretty happy with that as he should get into that team on a regular basis and show how good he is when he hits a bit of form!

Good day for me!!!

Oblak is the new Atleti keeper and Iturbe to Roma is expected to be announced later tonight!

• Advertisement

Is it not a worse league though? This can only mean that he might struggle to get his rating up in relation to SM.

That said though, if he's not getting his game at Barca then that's not much use to him either!!:D

Advertisement