Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40th cake price

Options
  • 22-05-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

hi,
    I am looking to get a 40th cake made for my girlfriend and im wondering if theres any place in templebar that makes cakes. also im wondering what would be an average price for a cake. if there was a web site or facebook page so I could see their cakes. any help much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think this will do better in the Dublin City forum since you're asking about Temple Bar.

Moved from Cakes & Bakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Morning Fresh in the Baldoyle Industrial Estate do lovely fruit sponge and fresh cream cakes. They also do really decorative cakes. Haven't tried those but we always get their fruit sponge cakes, they're amazing. Loads of fresh fruit like strawberries and kiwis through it and the lightest sponge ever.

http://www.morningfresh.ie/

They're on facebook too

ETA: Their pricelist says that you can get those fresh fruit sponge cakes from €20 for a 10-12 portion cake up to €65 for a 60-80 portion cake. Not bad value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

A couple of people in work have gotten their cakes from the Real Baskery. There are outlets in Donnybrook and Kilmainham. Fab cakes and really reasonable. They have a website but am replying from my phone so don't have it to hand.

Not sure about city centre bakeries, there used to be a place in St. Stephens Green centre but their prices were crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

http://cakesonline.ie/en/

I ordered from here this week and it was delivered for free on the morning. Impressed with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

Mannings in Thomas St do lovely cakes and deliver in the local area as far as I know - they have a pretty good website you can google I don't think I can post links sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

There is a place on the south keys somewhere between the happenny bridge and capel st bridge.

Never bought anything there but the cakes in the window look awesome.

Advertisement