Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody brought the kids to Bloom?

Options
  • 22-05-2014 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

Maybe you can help - I've two mini mes (both under 5). And I was thinking if bringing them to bloom on the Sunday.

Would you recommend it?

Any tips?

What's parking / snacks / activities like? (I probably won't bring a picnic cos I don't want to carry it!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

I have brought my son a few times - the last one was a couple of years ago when he was 6, but he was younger the other times. They had a big playground, a kids area and he loved silly things like water features and garden furniture exhibitions. Loads of food stalls, we brought our own picnic though.

Lovely day out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Ive brought kids to Bloom a few times.

Good things : Big playground and there's a kids play area behind Phoenix Park visitors centre, with activities which is usually good standard.
    The stage for bands is close to this and a good place for a picnic. We always hung around this area.

Lots of very over priced snacks and food stalls.
    Free food samples in the food area, which kids love.

Bad things : it is packed. Very easy to lose a child in the crowd. The queue to get into the car park can take up to an hour, unless you arrive very early.
    Its a bit of a walk from the car park to the visitor centre, with two young kids.

Its a good day out, but be prepared for it to be tiring and a bit expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

why not bring them to Ikea as well, Sundays appear to be kids day there, annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

Was there today with two kids under 4! Great day. We've been there for the last few years so are aware of the cost and queues for food so brought a picnic and a blanket to sit on as the area around the stage is very busy. Would highly recommendit as a day out with the kids although its not cheap by any means.

Getting in from the car park was very quick but it was a little slow getting out of the park afterwards but nothing excessive. I was there last year on the Sunday and it was very busy so I'd recommend heading in as early as possible as well as the fact the weather is supposed to get bad after lunch!!

Advertisement