Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing Estate Ownership

Options
  • 22-05-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I can find a link that shows all the housing estates that the council has taken over, Roads, water and grass.

More Precisely if anyone knows if the Boyne Hall, Boyne Lodge or Oldbridge housing estates have been taken over

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

To be honest, the best way to find this out is to just call the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

I rang them today who put me through to Louth COCO, they then said Id need to contact Drogheda Borough. Do you know iff the offices in Drogheda are open tomorrow. I might just go down and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

As far as I know those 3 estates have been taken over.

Droghed Borough Council do not cut the grass in private housing estates, usually residents associations are set up and the residents have to either look after green areas themselves or collect money and pay someone to do it. Residents associations can apply for an amenity grant from the Borough Council, last years was €200 so it wont go far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

If not too late - louthcoco.ie then under 'your council' select Drog Borough and call them. As we are in the midst of major changes in local government you may not get too far over the next fer days and in to next week. Then, of course LCC will be the centre point for all or most enquiries. It would actually be interesting how you get on with this as I would love to know how LCC will cope with the administration of the entrire County from County Hall, and how effective or efficient they will be with such enquiries. Whisper it - will there be need for people to go to County Hall (Dundalk) for stuff or will there remain offices in the soon to be defunct other LLA councils?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where I can find a link that shows all the housing estates that the council has taken over, Roads, water and grass.

More Precisely if anyone knows if the Boyne Hall, Boyne Lodge or Oldbridge housing estates have been taken over

Cheers

All were taken in charge by the council in November 2012.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/boyne-hall-in-charge-27132012.html

As Mr. Muddle pointed out, this DOES NOT include green areas. Only roads, paths, public lighting, water/sewage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement