Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaeltacht on own

• 22-05-2014 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

probably the wrong place for this but going into 5th year next year and I really want to go Gaeltacht after doing TY but terrified of going on my own as my friends aren't going till next year!

Anyone been to the gaeltacht alone and if so how did you get on?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Within a couple of hours of getting there you will have new friends and be grand. Enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I've been going to the Gaeltacht alone since I was 10 :P Don't worry about it, loads of people go on their own every year and you always meet sound people anyways.
    Don't fret :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

orlaxxx wrote: »
    probably the wrong place for this but going into 5th year next year and I really want to go Gaeltacht after doing TY but terrified of going on my own as my friends aren't going till next year!

Anyone been to the gaeltacht alone and if so how did you get on?
    All the better, you'll make new friends and without anyone to bring the summer's gossip back home! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

I went 4 times on my own and if I was to start again, I'd still go on my own. Why? Because you are less tied up, less chance of speaking english, you'll put more of an effort in and you'll meet lots of new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mXcailin

Go i d'anaor for def! People in the gaeltacht are there to make friends, have a bitta craic & learn the cupla focail! Just back from a gaeltacht now and if I was to do it again, I'd still go on my own :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Cait87

I went 10 years ago, twice on my own. best thing I ever did!

Advertisement