Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewire emergency lighting

Options
  • 22-05-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Firstly, just a brain check post. Have some emergency lights which I don't need as emergency lights any more. Want to use just as a standard light in a shed.

Just want to check if possible. Have attached some photos of inside of lights, shame if I can't reuse the lights. They are mains powered. Ventilux SONM3/F282D

When powered up at present, the bulb won't light (led comes in) the bulb lights though when I remove power, ie the battery kicks in. No light either if I simply remove the battery.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Have you tried just disconnecting the battery and looping the permanent mains to your switched mains?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

that appears to be a non-maintained fitting with only an emergency ballast

the mains control gear for 230v operation would connect to the spare connections on the emergency ballast

so it's no joy I'd say

is it an old fitting? it seems to be 2 pin

http://www.right-light.co.uk/28-watt-2d-emergency-hf-m3-gear-tray-tridonic-ballast.html

that's a maintained fitting with the separate "mains gear" for maintained operation in the middle of pic

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Darando

The bulb has 4 pins, but only 2 wires as you say! Just noticed!!

Sounds like a non-runner as you said. Looks liks I might be able to get 2pin bulbs with internal starter? And then just wire to the mains? Take out the ballast totally?

Just saw on the Ventilux website a N-M beside the model... Snookered so!

Darando wrote: »
    I might be able to get 2pin bulbs with internal starter? And then just wire to the mains? Take out the ballast totally?

you still need a ballast for the 2pin lamp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Darando

Cheers for the help. Looks like find a cheap HF ballast or the bin!

Advertisement