Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City marathon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

pconn062 wrote: »
    Raycun 2:56:42

That a new PB for Raycun?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

A buddy of mine going for a sub 3 came in at 3:00:56. Gutted for him as he was on for 2:55 at 30K and really has put the training in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

tang1 wrote: »

I believe so!

pconn062 wrote: »
    I believe so!

Super stuff, its tough going out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

viperlogic wrote: »
    A buddy of mine going for a sub 3 came in at 3:00:56. Gutted for him as he was on for 2:55 at 30K and really has put the training in.

He sure did. Sickener. He'll get it next time. With a half PB of 80 mins its only a matter of time. Sure he is only a young fella.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Very warm and the breeze is gusting. Calms down for a while but picks up again. A lot of people struggling just after the 17 mile point. Its going to be a long day for some!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Only 2 of the 3.40 dream team passed roebuck, meno missing i think and Amk carrying his flag, looks tough out there but they still have a good crowd with them.

Neil C home in 3.14.25, was looking for sub 3.10. Hard luck man.

Weetabix wrote: »
    Only 2 of the 3.40 dream team passed roebuck, meno missing i think and Amk carrying his flag, looks tough out there but they still have a good crowd with them.

Its very humid out there & wind is strong. Not easy conditions for them.

yaboya1, 3.08.xx.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Weetabix wrote: »
    He was missing at 17 miles as well. Hope he's OK.

ultrapercy was home in 2.42.14.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Not great conditions for a marathon. I'm at the 25 mile mark and the 3.40 pacing dream team are in trouble :)

In high insight the 2012 marathon selection may have been differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Not great conditions for a marathon. I'm at the 25 mile mark and the 3.40 pacing dream team are in trouble :)

Great ammo for the pub so!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Looks like we dodged a bullet by doing Frankfurt instead of Dublin. Looks like a complete train wreck. Utmost sympathy for all those who were well off their targets due to the conditions. There will be better days than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Well that was a suffer fest of a disaster for me :-D
    3:28 there abouts..
    Wind got me in first half, heat focked me over in the second half,,,
    A lot of people needing medical attention it seemed..

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Well that was a suffer fest of a disaster for me :-D
    3:28 there abouts..
    Wind got me in first half, heat focked me over in the second half,,,
    A lot of people needing medical attention it seemed..

Medical attention for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Heat I'd say, just people wiped out front 17 miles on it seemed... nothing to bad if ya get me..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

2/3 of the dream were in trouble but AMK pulled his sh!t together and helped a load of runners achieve their dream and sacrificed his own by 4 seconds!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Some finish by Maria. Nearly caught her. 2nd in low 2:34, 2 secs behind winner.

I was watching her chasing the 1st place lady home over the last 400 metres, incredible guts from Maria - she was really digging deep and giving it everything she had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Neil C home in 3.14.25, was looking for sub 3.10. Hard luck man.

Cheers Tang, delighted with that though. Windy and hot out there, I'll take 3:14:25. Even though I struggled towards the end the crowd support for the last mile ensured a strong finish. That's London put to bed at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

2.55.28 for me. Struggled badly over last three miles. Only for fantastic support, I could easily have stopped. Great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭krafty

paddybarry wrote: »
    2.55.28 for me. Struggled badly over last three miles. Only for fantastic support, I could easily have stopped. Great event.

Super run in tough conditions. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Two and a half minutes! Tough out there, very warm and a strong wind. All plans of a fast finish went out the window, the last few miles were just survival. The boy blunder came in in 2.48, great time, and we were saying we've never seen that kind of carnage at that level of the race

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Finished in 3:40:05

Got a cramp at 21 miles and stopped for a bit.

Worked it out , but took the flag down as I needed a 7:35 mile to catch back up. Last 2 miles were 8:19 on the money, despite another twinge, and was at the back of the 3:40 group hounding them through.

Some gutsy performances within the group.
    not disappointed about 5 secs over as I got a good few through.

Very tough day, carnage out there.

Well done to those who Finished and a very well done to those who pb'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Called up yesterday to replace a 4:20 pacer, zero run training except easy 5k's, steady splits in 4:19:58. Lots of hot chicks thanked me after. Stick that in your pipe TRR, I'm a pacing god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Well the '0' had to go sometime. I came into today 24-0 on successful pacing gigs and am now 24-1 :(.
    Was not feeling right from the off and even though the pace felt fine I started getting dizzy spells round mile 10 then had a few palpitations which frankly scared the sh1t outta me so I discreetly dropped just before HAlfway. Well done on AMK and Gavlor for gutting it out, I guess that's why there are 3 per group. Enjoy the night all, not feeling the best (though much better than before) so I am currently heading home.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Well the '0' had to go sometime. I came into today 24-0 on successful pacing gigs and am now 24-1 :(.
    Was not feeling right from the off and even though the pace felt fine I started getting dizzy spells round mile 10 then had a few palpitations which frankly scared the sh1t outta me so I discreetly dropped just before HAlfway. Well done on AMK and Gavlor for gutting it out, I guess that's why there are 3 per group. Enjoy the night all, not feeling the best (though much better than before) so I am currently heading home.

Its like hearing about the Undertakers unbeaten record at Wrestlemania coming to an end, hard luck, hope you recover soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

Relived to hear others use the word carnage.my 5 th Dublin and by far my worst. Totally wiped with cramps from about 20 on. Was going well with the 3.20pacers but knew straight away that dream was gone. Finished in a disdapointing 3.28 but maybe a valuable experience as have never blown up before. Well done to everyone who hit their targets and thanks to the 3.20 pacers. Despite their super work and encouragement it wasn't my day

Advertisement