Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City marathon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

You probably should ask in the mentored novices thread - your HM times suggest 3:40-3:50 might be on alright but as you say the long runs have been much too fast so you might struggle in the last 10km. I'd go with the 3:50 or even the 4:00 pacers in wave 2 and try to hang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Saw the 8 mile mark on the ground just inside the Knockmaroon gate this morning. Just 7 weeks now people.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Saw the 8 mile mark on the ground just inside the Knockmaroon gate this morning. Just 7 weeks now people.....

Seen a 9 sprayed on to the ground on upper glen road this evening when I was out running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

You sure it wasn't the 9th mile from the Frank Duffy 10 miler?
    Although it does look like the marathon's 9th mile is around there also...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

belcarra wrote: »
    You sure it wasn't the 9th mile from the Frank Duffy 10 miler?
    Although it does look like the marathon's 9th mile is around there also...

no,sure i would've seen it before,that race was a few weeks ago.
    this looked freshly sprayed on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Joleigh

ooter wrote: »
    no,sure i would've seen it before,that race was a few weeks ago.
    this looked freshly sprayed on the ground.

Thankfully its in the opposite direction to the Frank Duffy 10 mile so we will be going downhill! In that case the 9 would have been a 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

All I know is, there better not be someone having a BBQ out in their garden like last year.... smoke wafting over the runners.

The smell of burgers and chicken wings almost had me packing it all in.

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    All I know is, there better not be someone having a BBQ out in their garden like last year.... smoke wafting over the runners.

During the marathon?
    Who has a barbeque at 10-11am at the end of October?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

yaboya1 wrote: »
    During the marathon?
    Who has a barbeque at 10-11am at the end of October?

They knew what they were doing :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87231088

Must have been cooking hangover food from the night before, or else they were just doing it to tease you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

They've been there the last three years - not sure about before then - so you can expect them again. Smoke never got me (maybe it's gone by the time I get there :rolleyes:) but the smell always nearly makes me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

kit3 wrote: »
    They've been there the last three years - not sure about before then - so you can expect them again. Smoke never got me (maybe it's gone by the time I get there :rolleyes:) but the smell always nearly makes me sick.
    Dats Ash from Runways..his pulled pork Is legendry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Dats Ash from Runways..his pulled pork Is legendry

You might want to re-phrase that :eek: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

kit3 wrote: »
    You might want to re-phrase that :eek: :rolleyes:

Yeah. It's 'legendary', ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Don't think it was the misspelling he was getting at there, dave

Don't think it was the misspelling he was getting at there, dave

I know. Just my little grammar Nazi joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Ha, ah right!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Does anyone remember what time the Expo opens on the Saturday and Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Does anyone remember what time the Expo opens on the Saturday and Sunday?

Race numbers (race pack) will be available for collection at the Dublin Marathon EXPO in the Main Hall of the R.D.S on Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th October between the hours of 11am and 18:00 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Marvelous - thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

Hey all, can anyone with a high level of running knowledge let me know their thoughts on 6 weeks of training form someones first Marathon. Greatly appreciated. Worth keeping in mind I have a fairly strong 'standard' level of fitness. Finished half ironman 4weeks ago and a half marathon before that. Thanks

The only thing you can doat this stage is make sure you finish. So do as many 20-22 mile runs as you can, but not within 2 weeks of the actual race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

Pm1e wrote: »
    Hey all, can anyone with a high level of running knowledge let me know their thoughts on 6 weeks of training form someones first Marathon. Greatly appreciated. Worth keeping in mind I have a fairly strong 'standard' level of fitness. Finished half ironman 4weeks ago and a half marathon before that. Thanks

Depends. You'll probably be fine to jog your way around, though miles 20-26.2 will most likely suck. If you want to race it though you'd probably need a better build up.

dukeraoul wrote: »
    Depends. You'll probably be fine to jog your way around, though miles 20-26.2 will most likely suck. If you want to race it though you'd probably need a better build up.

So in a polite way you are saying I have left it rather late?? :D

So in a polite way you are saying I have left it rather late?? :D

How much have you been running since the 1/2 IM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Also, what was your average weekly run volume coming up to the HIM, along with longest runs completed?

How much have you been running since the 1/2 IM?

This is the problem, I was overseas until the weekend so only back on it now this week.

Basster wrote: »
    Also, what was your average weekly run volume coming up to the HIM, along with longest runs completed?

Longest completed before HIM was 17km with an average volume of 30km running, 5km in pool and 100km on bike.

Longest completed before HIM was 17km with an average volume of 30km running, 5km in pool and 100km on bike.

yup. you've left it way too late. You could drag your way around but trust me those late miles will be horrendous especially if you go out at all quick,...

• Advertisement

yup. you've left it way too late. You could drag your way around but trust me those late miles will be horrendous especially if you go out at all quick,...

Don't sugar coat it now ya hear :D lol How many have you done? Sure dont HIM and IM athletes love to suffer ;)

Advertisement