Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaa underage

• 22-05-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can anybody tell me if there is any rule that underage players in GAA must get game time are is it up to the manager of the team to pick under 12 is under 14's etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

pberetta wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me if there is any rule that underage players in GAA must get game time are is it up to the manager of the team to pick under 12 is under 14's etc

No rule at under 12 up.
    For Go Games coaches are expected to give everyone a game, and in varying positions.

(Then again any underage mentor worth talking about will give players game time in challenge games and league games to develop players)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

There are no rules but mentors should try to get everyone on the field as much as possible.
    Ideally all children who are at the age grade should be given a place on the team before children who have another year our two at the level.
    Where you have management hell bent on winning you will have a lot of fall off in players in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pberetta

Thanks yous for coming back to me i have a kid that's under 14 and never really gets game time the last match he went to got none at all and game before that 9 minutes when they were getting bet 5-11 t0 1-4 he is not the only one there are a few more kids the same and its not like they are over flowing with players the good players from under 12s seem to be picked first every time and get a full game its hard to watch as it heartbreaking when he so in to it and never misses training im afraid it is going to sour him with the GAA and i dont want to get on to the manager as it will only look like sour grapes and why is my little johnny not playing it would sound like can you give any advice would be welcome

By the way he was the second top scorer in division 2 soccer 11 goals in 10 games so it not like he is that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

Thanks yous for coming back to me i have a kid that's under 14 and never really gets game time the last match he went to got none at all and game before that 9 minutes when they were getting bet 5-11 t0 1-4 he is not the only one there are a few more kids the same and its not like they are over flowing with players the good players from under 12s seem to be picked first every time and get a full game its hard to watch as it heartbreaking when he so in to it and never misses training im afraid it is going to sour him with the GAA and i dont want to get on to the manager as it will only look like sour grapes and why is my little johnny not playing can you give any advice would be welcome

By the way he was the second top scorer in division 2 soccer 11 goals in 10 games so it not like he is that bad

the manager is clearly a moron who is trying to win matchs rather than retain players.
    if there is anyone involved in a role with the club that you know well and trust you would be as well off to have a private chat with him on the basis that this is happening and that you are afraid your lad and others will drift away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

the manager is clearly a moron who is trying to win matchs rather than retain players.
    if there is anyone involved in a role with the club that you know well and trust you would be as well off to have a private chat with him on the basis that this is happening and that you are afraid your lad and others will drift away.

Children's Officer in the club or coaching officer.
    After that go up the chain of command - club secretary then chairman.

If the club is going to treat young players like that, and they're not willing to change, you'd be better off elsewhere.
    I though most clubs had moved on from this sort of mindset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 pberetta

Thanks again for advice i will try the chain of command i don't no if there is a children's officer in the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Thanks again for advice i will try the chain of command i don't no if there is a children's officer in the club

Also note, the club may have an underage committee.
    So after the children's officer (every club is meant to have one) the underage secretary or underage chairperson is the place to start.

Advertisement