Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tattoo!

Options
  • 22-05-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi :)

Im 18 and I want a tattoo :) It will be my first one so its quite exciting :D But firstly, I would like to know more about the experience of getting a tattoo from people who already have one or more than one!

Share your story :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Welcome to the world of tattoos! Please bear in mind they're quite addictive and you WILL want more! :D

I got my first on when I was 18 or 19. It was in Dragon Art studio in Capel Street. Just a little skull on my shoulder. It hurt a bit but nothing as bad as the horror stories I heard. I got nothing for years after, then got two in a short space of time. Got my next big one on September 11th 2001 which I'll always remember for obvious reasons. Then another big gap until three years ago after my 40th birthday, I kicked it all off again. I've been back every couple of months getting work done on a sleeve (which is now finally nearly completed) and about to start work on the other sleeve.

The want for more tattoos never goes away. I love them, I bet you will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MeganB

Thank you very much for the heads up! :D

Was your skull tattoo anything special? Or did you just pick that particular skull because you liked it at that time? I'm not sure wether I should get something meaningful as my first tattoo, like you mentioned your big one. I have to say, sleeves look pretty cool! Best of luck with them :D:)

I hope I do! I guess I just have to think about what I really want to get :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

MeganB wrote: »

Was your skull tattoo anything special? Or did you just pick that particular skull because you liked it at that time? I'm not sure wether I should get something meaningful as my first tattoo, like you mentioned your big one. I have to say, sleeves look pretty cool! Best of luck with them :D:)

I hope I do! I guess I just have to think about what I really want to get :D

The important thing with picking the tattoo is to try and get something that you won't get sick of. Other than that, no rules, just go with what feels right for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

MeganB wrote: »

Was your skull tattoo anything special? Or did you just pick that particular skull because you liked it at that time?

Nah...I just wanted a tattoo...it had no particular meaning. Young and silly I was. :pac:
    Orim wrote: »
    The important thing with picking the tattoo is to try and get something that you won't get sick of. Other than that, no rules, just go with what feels right for you.

Pretty much what my man said here...

Advertisement