Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost Of Ploughing, Power Harrowing

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 243 ✭✭allbuiz

merryberry wrote: »
    have u considered burn off, disc and seed. Reduced costs, no picking stones. Just if u had looked into it u could share thoughts

Results were poor at teagasc demo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

allbuiz wrote: »
    Contractor I use says that I'm tight but he leaves with a cheque when job is done. It's cash flow for him. Even at €30 an acre for ploughing he is still making ok money and at €30 an acre for grass sowing he is making very good money. Sure he sowed 30 acres in August last year in one day. €900 for his day, diesel isn't that expensive.
    €900 for a days work and he isnt making money, pull the other one.

Sure I heard a neighbour there say he sold 10 cattle in the mart one day, and made over 10k...

10k - and he prob wasnt even in the mart the whole day... Maybe a few hours... Imagine, getting paid 10k for a few hours work...

What that? How much investment did it take to make the 10k?

No, no - he made 10k in the one day... just like that... 10k... savage...

;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

High turnover does NOT equal high profit though. Something many farmers don't seem to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭GRASSorMUCK

Results were poor at teagasc demo

Yes but it's Teagasc.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭newholland mad

well its actually 793 + vat he only gets to "mind" the 107 for a few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

Don't use box as its very old technology and doesn't spread seed evenly

Sorry. My bad it's an air seeder I should have remembered as he tells me how good it isand dear it was to buy every time he here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

merryberry wrote: »
    have u considered burn off, disc and seed. Reduced costs, no picking stones. Just if u had looked into it u could share thoughts

Stones were a disaster, still picking some, will be overseeding this year for sure, bit of drainage to do first which is costing €4.60 a meter all included

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭merryberry

razor8 wrote: »
    Stones were a disaster, still picking some, will be overseeding this year for sure, bit of drainage to do first which is costing €4.60 a meter all included

I feel ur pain...grand to say reseed a field and it will become a good field...but as u rightly pointed out there can b underlying issues, and i don't mean literally, and they aint cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

why dont you try it so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭merryberry

Hey Minister Coveney, why are u on boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

Two words that should never go together are Cheap and Reseed the words that should go together are grass management and reseed.

Advertisement