Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Hunt for Law Clerk Position/Any Job in Brissy

Options
  • 23-05-2014 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi all,

Any advice in relation to a job for a temporary legal position?
    I'm finishing up a six month internship in mid July and need something to tie me over until early November.

I'm told its a tough market for finding any job so I'm not restricting myself to just legal employment.

I'm aware that the temporary status isn't a help but I rather stay on until November rather than go home in August.

I'm on seek.com.au and careers.com.au, searching and applying for positions every day. I'm emailing firms without jobs being advertised too.

If you know of any other way that could improve my prospects, please let me know.

I have an undergrad in Business and Law and a Masters in Law. I have administrative and customer service experience from retail positions in the past. I've never worked as a barista or a bar tender.

Even if you know of anyone looking to hire someone, please let me know.

Cheers,

L.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Laura Steph

Hi guys,

No response to this post whatsoever but in one last attempt, does anyone know of anywhere recruiting for retail/admin/barista/deli work?

My internship ended sooner than planned and I've been looking for work for weeks. Going home in two-three weeks if I can't get anything.

Please help a fellow Irish out if you can, I've threaded the streets of Brissy and all online job sites to the point of exhaustion at this point.

Cheers,

L.

Ps, ADVICE is also appreciate so don't ignore if you can even possibly help.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

Sorry to hear, it sounds pretty bleak.

Do you know any job seekers in the same boat? Is this a common thing now in Aus, surely it can't be at the level of at home?

Are you even getting any interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

What about moving to Sydney/ Melbourne? Bigger cities, there should be more opportunities? Keep the faith, something will turn up. Sorry I dont have anything more practical to add!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Laura Steph

BGozIE wrote: »
    Sorry to hear, it sounds pretty bleak.

Do you know any job seekers in the same boat? Is this a common thing now in Aus, surely it can't be at the level of at home?

Are you even getting any interviews?

Tbh, once you're on the WHV it seems difficult to secure any work. May have an au pair job though, not my 1st choice but hey, its a job that will keep me here until I head home at the end of the year!

Advertisement