Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

soaking porridge/rice

• 23-05-2014 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

After soaking are you supposed to use the same water than you soaked them in to boil them? Basically does any goodness from the food go into the water is what I'm wondering

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm not sure but I would just like to mention for any diabetics reading this..you're not supposed to soak your porridge as it releases too much starch.

My partner is diabetic and was told this by his diabetic nurse.
    I know this is off-topic but I really just wanted to mention it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm not sure but I would just like to mention for any diabetics reading this..you're not supposed to soak your porridge as it releases too much starch.

My partner is diabetic and was told this by his diabetic nurse.
    I know this is off-topic but I really just wanted to mention it.

Dont believe everything they tell you,when you soak your porridge or rice you do so to remove excess starch,so its a good thing,

Having said that my wife has been a diabetic 40 yrs and was never told to soak or not soak,it just helps it cook better imho

*Disclaimer, I'm not a health professional :)

Advertisement