Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

won't let me register.

Options
  • 23-05-2014 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi
    I moved into a new house 3 weeks ago. About 2 weeks o I got a letter in the door from electric ireland telling me to register or ill be cut offnumberang and tried register but because the house was empty for sometime before I moved in they wouldn't let me. They said I neeed the landlord to put it in his name from when the house was empty until Imoved in.  only problem I'm renting through an agency and I don't even have a phone num for my landlord. The letting Agency is useless Nd tells me there is nothing they can do. When i called one of your reps they said they have my landlords  phone number in the system but they cant ring it as its an english number. 

But it look like your the only ones with his number.  Like I said the
    Letting agent wont help.
    Can you please try and sort something? 
    I Dont want to be cut off or be landed with a massive bill or have to pay a 
    Reconnection fees over something thats not my fault. 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi saralou2011,

Thanks for your post.

Normally a landlord or letting agency would register in the interim periods between tenancies. If there has been a vacant period for some time with no registered account holder taking responsibility for the electricity supply, the property would be in danger of being disconnected.

We would need somebody, whether it be yourself, the landlord or letting agency, to take responsibility for this period before proceeding. Unfortunately we are unable to resolve third party disputes.

If you can send us a private message with the property information (full address, MPRN), we could have a more detailed look at this for you. We also have general information on our website for moving-in/moving-out tailored for tenants and landlord here.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement