Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S Battery woes

• 23-05-2014 9:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

I've had my iPhone 5S since it came out, but lately the battery performance has been absolutely woeful. I did all the usual tricks (disabled background refresh, removed my exchange account, disabled 4G, disabled location services etc) but this didn't help at all.

It's at the stage where a full charge will give me about 1 hour of usage and 4 hours of standby (and by usage I mean iMessage and the Guardian website... no games or videos or anything like that).

I restored as a new phone and I still had the same issues... could see the % drop by about 2% a minute by just checking the screen.

My phone is still in warranty, but I sent Apple diagnostics through their website and on their chat they told me that my battery is still working fine and that if I sent it in for a service, they'd likely just send it back untouched.

Is there anything I can do to prove to them that my battery is indeed ****ed?1 hour of mild usage on a phone less than a year old is not "working fine"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

AdMMM wrote: »
    I've had my iPhone 5S since it came out, but lately the battery performance has been absolutely woeful. I did all the usual tricks (disabled background refresh, removed my exchange account, disabled 4G, disabled location services etc) but this didn't help at all.

It's at the stage where a full charge will give me about 1 hour of usage and 4 hours of standby (and by usage I mean iMessage and the Guardian website... no games or videos or anything like that).

I restored as a new phone and I still had the same issues... could see the % drop by about 2% a minute by just checking the screen.

My phone is still in warranty, but I sent Apple diagnostics through their website and on their chat they told me that my battery is still working fine and that if I sent it in for a service, they'd likely just send it back untouched.

Is there anything I can do to prove to them that my battery is indeed ****ed?1 hour of mild usage on a phone less than a year old is not "working fine"

I think you've had an unlucky battery & the same goes for that customer service. If you have a genuine problem with your battery & send it to them I would be quite positive that they will replace the battery with a new one. It would be incredibly un-Apple like for them to do nothing with it & not belive you.

If you have a spare phone around you should definitely mail in the phone. Shouldn't take more than 4 business days to get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dicknorris

Having the exact same problem if had a iphone 3 4 & 5 but im now going to change my wife has a samsung galaxy and i started to use it just to check battery life and the difference is unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

This is the battery life I get on my 5s.

Push email, push notifications for a lot of apps, 40% screen brightness, a lot of Facebook Twitter YouTube, Snapchat, Safari, Email, messaging & Viber throughout the day.

Died off at 7hrs 45mins usage time and roughly 13 hours standby time. Basically 9:30am unplug and died off around 10:30pm last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

AdMMM wrote: »

The only thing I can think of is if your phone is jailbroken you can install batterylife and it will give you detailed info on the state of your battery. The most telling in your case would be capacity. I'm not aware of a way of finding this information without being jailbroken though.

http://www.t3chniq.com/cydia-tweak-batterylife/

Advertisement