Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water

Options
  • 23-05-2014 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Is the water off in eden gate? Ive none

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Must be that algae bloom. Bl**dy persistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

torres9kop wrote: »
    Is the water off in eden gate? Ive none

Dont think so

http://www.water.ie/help-centre/service-updates/
    Water Supply Issue - Wicklow
    Co. Wicklow - Vartry21/05/2014
    Water production at the Vartry Water Treatment Works at Roundwood has reduced due to seasonal impacts of algae in the source water. Irish Water and Wicklow County Council are working together to restore supply.

The algae occurs naturally in clean fresh water and though it does not pose a health risk, it slows the treatment processes at the production plant. As a result, the water supplies to Northeast County Wicklow are badly affected.

Customers are requested to conserve water to assist in restoration of service at the earliest possible time.

There are no further planned interruptions to water supply.

Properties at a high elevation in the area of Kilmacanogue (Glencormac, Rocky Valley, Quill Rd), Kilpedder (Tinnapark, Old Downs Road), Delgany (Kindlestown, Bellevue) and Newcastle (Timmore Lane) will suffer a loss of water during the day time, but should receive water which should be sufficient to fill storage tanks during night time hours.
    It is expected that all consumers will get some water from the public mains for a period within the 24 hour day.
    Tankers are in place at the following areas:

• Wingfield Farm, Glencormack, on road number L1019 (Glencormack to Tinnahinch road).
    • Bellevue Hill/Kindlestown Rise, Delgany.
    • Old Downs Road
    • 2 number tankers at Timmore Lane (south of Newtownmountkennedy)

Location of Tankers is subject to change.
    Water from Tankers should be boiled before use.

For customer queries, please contact 1890 278 278

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement