Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

signing a lease in Toronto

Options
  • 23-05-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi guys quick question. Myself and my girlfriend are moving over to Toronto, we're heading over with cats and so we decided that I would head over two weeks earlier to find an apartment and set it up so when she arrives with the cats we can head straight back to the place instead of having to put them in a cattery while we house hunt.

This seemed like a great plan until my sister called me to say that one of her clients, who is from Vancouver, said to her that landlord's won't sign a lease with one person and wait two weeks for the second person, and also (and I really hope this is bullcrap) but that at present there is a bit of wariness towards the Irish and that we have a reputation for signing a lease then bringing over loads of people to live illegally.

So is it true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

You'll be lucky to find a decent place in 2 weeks. The fact that you won't have a letter of employment isn't going to help either. If I was you, I'd rent a place on Air Bnb that is cat friendly while you look for a full time place.

I've never heard of anyone having trouble signing a lease because they are Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 james182

You can try to find like a home stay family and rent a room from them for a while. It's definitely not the best choice but they might be more willing to let pets there... Until you find an apartment that allows them.

Advertisement