Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sockets next to radiators

Options
  • 23-05-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I have searched online but couldn't find any guildelines, but does anyone know the minimum distance that should be between radiators and sockets?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

mimihops wrote: »
    I have searched online but couldn't find any guildelines, but does anyone know the minimum distance that should be between radiators and sockets?

I don't think that there is a specific regulation for this.
    However socket locations should be practical, accessible and should ensure that leads will not trail across radiators.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

don't think there's anything in the electrical wiring rules on distance from rads

apart from the 'general requirements' for socket installation
    which 2011 referred to

what about building regs? but I'd be surprised if there's anything there either

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

thanks for the replies - there doesn't seem to be a definite line on it as far as i can see either but the info that 2011 referred to covers what i needed anyway so cheers :-)

Advertisement