Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the conductor is a dictator

Options
  • 23-05-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

This mod is much too heavy handed in the property forum. He gave me an infraction for a very mild humorous post. I mean vanilla funny. I used the word "santy ". Unless "santy" was recently claimed as a swear word by the Silas Marner landlords of Ireland, I see absolutely no reason why "the conductor" would deign my post unacceptable.

I notice in general that he tends to side with property owners rather than renters. I cant imagine why. Perhaps he should learn to keep his personal feelings and interests out of the forum. He is both humourless and inconsistent. I say inconsistent as I have posted much louder and more colourful posts in the property forum. Perhaps he was asleep during those discussions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I refer you to the guidelines above, specifically this line:
    Posting abusive comments about a moderator you have issue with will result in further action being taken

Your comments are totally out of line and in contravention of the above guidelines. We should be able to resolve disputes without resorting to petty name calling.

I also refer you to another line in the guidelines:
    1. If you have an issue with a ban or infraction, the first thing you should always do is PM the Mod(s) of the forum and ask for clarification on what’s gone wrong

You have not indicated whether you have done this or not, though judging by your tone, I would assume not.

Therefore as you are not willing to abide by the rules of the site, especially in relation to resolving a matter such as this, I see no reason to continue this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

So what does one of your valued and revenue generating users do if they wish to make a complaint about a mods attitude on a forum. I do not wish to have a fruitless discussion with "the morrigan". I am telling you directly that his attitude in the property forum is inconsistent biased and heavy handed. Ask around.

For a start, you can lose the attitude.

Then you can state your case, without resorting to petty name calling, with examples to back up your case.

So are you disputing the red card or raising a perceived issue with a Forum?

If there is no further update to this by Tuesday, I will consider it closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement