Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava and randomers

Options
  • 23-05-2014 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

ANYTHING I put on strava, even its a mistaken cycling to work file, gets kudos from some random bloke.

Does anyone else get this?
    Is it a bot?
    How can I stop this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I have one guy who does it for every run too and would also love to know about blocking!! Is it Manuel João by any chance?!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Have you enabled you follower approvals? AFAIK without aproval to follow you, nobody should be able to give kudos. I would imagine that turninng this on, then -

Go to my profile - Following - following me - and boot off anybody you dont want folllowing you. For them to start giving you kudos again you will need to approve them as a follower.

....gave you some kudos there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Bambaata wrote: »
    I have one guy who does it for every run too and would also love to know about blocking!! Is it Manuel João by any chance?!

Yes it is. Everything. If I walk to the shops and turn my garmin on. KUDOs.

trinewbie wrote: »
    Have you enabled you follower approvals? AFAIK without aproval to follow you, nobody should be able to give kudos. I would imagine that turninng this on, then -

Go to my profile - Following - following me - and boot off anybody you dont want folllowing you. For them to start giving you kudos again you will need to approve them as a follower.

....gave you some kudos there :pac:

HAHAHA now I can definitely link the name to username. Turns out your auntie(?) was my teacher in primary school :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Weird. I wonder if she is on Strava. Maybe we could give her some Kudos?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Is it Manuel João by any chance?!

he is a big fan of my activites too. very chuffed that i impress him so much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Yeah Manuel is mad for my activities too, not that there's all that much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I have also walked to the shops and been given kudos by Manuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Actually he is a member of Amphibian King Runners, maybe that is the connection to Mossym, Tunney & co.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

He recently got 69 kudos for an 8km jog ...

• Advertisement

AKW wrote: »
    Yeah Manuel is mad for my activities too, not that there's all that much :(

sure if he's following/kudoing a mucker like myself he's bound to be following a finely tuned, half ironman racing athlete like yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

I'm feeling left out!!!! I never got any Kudo's from him :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Worn Out

Manuel motivates and inspires me, always rewarding to receive Kudos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

tunney wrote: »

How can I stop this?

Stop putting things up on Strava :D:D:D

Manuel João is officially blocked! I just couldnt take it anymore!!

Manuel João is officially blocked! I just couldnt take it anymore!!

how will you get through training without the positive reinforcement? :)

how about Kat Sugimo, anyone else getting random kudos from Kat?

Kat is threading a fine line!!

Fvck it. He found me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Manuel João....

I don't have the heart to block him, he gives me Kudos for everything, even a warm up activity before a race.

I think I started getting Kudos from him when ever I joined the Amphibian King Strava Club.

Get the odd Kudos from Kat too.

Now I have given Kudos to random people too, if they happen to have been in the same race as me and appear as an Other in my activity or if they take a CR off me.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Manuel João....

I don't have the heart to block him, he gives me Kudos for everything, even a warm up activity before a race.

I think I started getting Kudos from him when ever I joined the Amphibian King Strava Club.

Get the odd Kudos from Kat too.

Now I have given Kudos to random people too, if they happen to have been in the same race as me and appear as an Other in my activity or if they take a CR off me.

I don't get the kudos anymore, I gave him kudos and said "I don't know you, please stop giving me kudos". Worked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

tunney wrote: »
    I don't get the kudos anymore, I gave him kudos and said "I don't know you, please stop giving me kudos". Worked

I saw that post....I had to laugh when I saw it...

Might start giving you random kudos now to fill the void Manuel left behind :pac:

Advertisement