Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being late for a yoga class

Options
  • 23-05-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

hello board members -
    I have a question - am I being unreasonable! as a paying customer.

I have been doing yoga for years in a country town in Leinster (the same place for years ) and in a venue in Dublin.

Recently, I decided to venture out and try a different class which is nearer work. I did a class and the teacher was very good and I signed up to do 3 months and they take a certain amount direct debit every month so that was grand.

On my last visit to the yoga class - I was 5 minutes late. I stress I genuinely would not want to disrupt a class and would certainly not be disrespectful to other class members. It is a fast moving class not hatha not relaxing. The day that was in it - I was rushing and I cannot leave work until 5.30pm. I am lucky enough to have a job in these difficult times.

After the class the teacher (in fairness the teacher was very good) was extremely rude to me - I was nearly in tears and told me off for being late and told me to leave work earlier. Her attitude was condescending and so rude. In all my years of going to yoga with different teachers and different styles nobody has ever been so rude to me - may I add I am Not Always late. Why would I want to be late! I am paying for the class. Surely - you have to be nice to customers.
    Anyhow...just saying....I just thought that yoga venue does not deserve to do well. I understand if people are late into a class - nobody arrives late on purpose.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 what it takes

The Teacher yelling at you for being five minutes late for yoga, what a note home next time! To be honest I wouldn't take that, your a paying customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

I don't feel comfortable going back.
    I mean - I am always on time as I am paying for the class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 what it takes

I don't feel comfortable going back.
    I mean - I am always on time as I am paying for the class.

Its crap that you don't feel comfortable going back as this is a service you paid for. Going to management is probably your best option if you don't feel comfortable around that teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I would cancel my direct debit and then tell management why you have. Yoga shouldn't bring stress into your life

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

hello board members -
    I have a question - am I being unreasonable! as a paying customer.

I have been doing yoga for years in a country town in Leinster (the same place for years ) and in a venue in Dublin.

Recently, I decided to venture out and try a different class which is nearer work. I did a class and the teacher was very good and I signed up to do 3 months and they take a certain amount direct debit every month so that was grand.

On my last visit to the yoga class - I was 5 minutes late. I stress I genuinely would not want to disrupt a class and would certainly not be disrespectful to other class members. It is a fast moving class not hatha not relaxing. The day that was in it - I was rushing and I cannot leave work until 5.30pm. I am lucky enough to have a job in these difficult times.

After the class the teacher (in fairness the teacher was very good) was extremely rude to me - I was nearly in tears and told me off for being late and told me to leave work earlier. Her attitude was condescending and so rude. In all my years of going to yoga with different teachers and different styles nobody has ever been so rude to me - may I add I am Not Always late. Why would I want to be late! I am paying for the class. Surely - you have to be nice to customers.
    Anyhow...just saying....I just thought that yoga venue does not deserve to do well. I understand if people are late into a class - nobody arrives late on purpose.

Hi , I was at a yoga class in feurtaventura last week and the teacher said something at the end of the class " that we should wish for the end of suffering of all beings on this earth " I thought it was a beautiful thought to have .He was probably one of the best yoga teachers I have come across .he came to me after class and explained tips on breathing .

your teachers sounds like a scumbag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

As a yoga student and a yoga teacher, and also as a person who isn't the best timekeeper (living in the moment and not clock watching I like to call it ;) ) I've never had a yoga teacher be rude to me, and I've never been rude to anyone for being late. Its not done deliberately and you wouldn't do it if you could help it. If its within 5 minutes of the class starting, certainly its not a problem, if it was after 10 minutes I would have to get the person to warm up, because my insurance isn't going to cover you if you hurt yourself doing stretches and moves that you haven't warmed up for. And if I was 10 minutes late I wouldn't go into a class. But you should never make a show of anyone in your class, in any way, whether its naming them when they're not doing a move properly or pointing out their timekeeping abilities - its just not done. You should treat everyone with kindness, that's the philosophy of yoga after all.

Maybe she was having a particularly bad day - still no excuse. You could let them know you feel like cancelling because of this - maybe the management of the place don't know what her attitude was like and she's doing the business no favours. If she has put you off completely and you just don't want to go back, you don't owe them anything, just don't go back and cancel direct debit.

You're paying your hard earned money for these classes to make you feel good, my attitude is if someone is paying me their hard earned money, I have to give them a good class, and if they've rushed to get to my class, I appreciate that they think I'm worth rushing for and wanted to be there badly enough to rush. I'm certainly not going to give out to someone for that kind of compliment to my teaching, once they don't disrupt everyone else who is there.

Advertisement