Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best man to rebarrel my rifle?

Options
  • 23-05-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

who is the best man to rebarrel my rifle with a custom barrel?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

In Ireland?

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Dom Byrne , doms custom rifles.

http://www.domscustomrifles.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Enda Walsh at custom and precision rifles Is another good man for the job. he did my FTR gun and it's top notch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

Enda Walsh at custom and precision rifles Is another good man for the job. he did my FTR gun and it's top notch...

he rebarrelled my tikka 243 with a 1:8 Krieger, a fantastically accurate rifle,only have it back a few months but have already shot groups sub .2 moa at 200 yards.Couldnt recommend him highly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

http://www.customandprecisionrifles.com/magento/ Enda is great rifle builder all his work is top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭everypenny

What would be a guesstimate cost for a re barrel of a remmy .308?

I got my factory barrel threaded and its slightly offset. I'm not getting baffle kiss as the round goes through the moderator but I'd prefer it to be more precise.

If I get more cut off the barrel its obviously gonna reduce the MV so I just wanted to see what the price of a replacement barrel would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

everypenny wrote: »

I got my factory barrel threaded and its slightly offset. I'm not getting baffle kiss as the round goes through the moderator but I'd prefer it to be more precise.

If I get more cut off the barrel its obviously gonna reduce the MV so I just wanted to see what the price of a replacement barrel would be.

If you can afford to lose around 100 fps per inch, it might be more cost-effective to get it re-threaded by somebody who can make a proper job of it.

Figure on around eu400 up for a new barrel - you do the math.

tac

Well I've already flushed 100 getting it threaded. Maybe I'll wait till christmas and get it then :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Hi everypenny, how do you mean its threaded slightly off set ?
    Any photos of it ?
    Regards,Tomcat.

Ya,

if you were to take a calipers from the inside to the 12 0 clock it would have a different thickness than the distance from the inside to the 6 o clock.

I'm in Sweden at the mo (elk are f-ing massive!) but I'll be back this weekend and post a pic.

I didn't notice it at first and fired through the moderator (ASE Utra) and it didn't kiss any of the baffles but I'd just be afraid that it would destabilize the round, effect consistency and possibly even make it tumble at greater distance.

Ya,

if you were to take a calipers from the inside to the 12 0 clock it would have a different thickness than the distance from the inside to the 6 o clock.

I'm in Sweden at the mo (elk are f-ing massive!) but I'll be back this weekend and post a pic.

I didn't notice it at first and fired through the moderator (ASE Utra) and it didn't kiss any of the baffles but I'd just be afraid that it would destabilize the round, effect consistency and possibly even make it tumble at greater distance.
    Hi everypenny,reason i asked is the bore may not be in the center of the barrel .When threaded it my look off but be the threads should be cut centered to the bore not the barrel ...if that makes sense .
    Post photos for a better look .
    Regards ,Tomcat.

Will do, but if the bore is offset then could it be the case that the mod and the centerline of the bore actually marry up?

Will do, but if the bore is offset then could it be the case that the mod and the centerline of the bore actually marry up?
    Hi everypenny, the mod /threading & shoulder should be indexed from the bore not the barrel .
    So yes your mod and centerline of the bore could be lined up and look wrong to the outside of the barrel .
    Regards ,Tomcat.

Advertisement