Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avant Credit Card

Options
  • 23-05-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here maybe able to give me some advice. Years and years ago, I had an MBNA credit card, which I cancelled after paying off fully. Well, at least I thought I cancelled it, until today when I got a letter from them saying that they have decided to close my account (!) and they wanted to refund me €50.96. I was to send them my bank details etc and they'd transfer the money over. At the moment, I'm having some problems with my bank so I rang them and asked them could they send me a cheque. The extremely rude lady on the phone told me no, they don't do things like that anymore.

So basically my question is this: Can they do that? Is there anyway I can get around this?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

lol... this is hilarious, they want to give you back 50 quid for nothing and you're blaming them for not being flexible! Jesus, give them a family members account or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LittleMuppet

I overpaid the €50, they're not giving it to me for no reason. I wasn't aware I was making a fuss or a big deal. I was only asking can they do this and was there another way around this. It seems I've offended you. Do you work for them or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Just give them someone elses bank details, this isn't that difficult/

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LittleMuppet

Right so - Thanks for all your 'help'

Mods, can you please close this thread?

Advertisement